“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2018 7:46 pm  #1

Dulwits Strike Early

On a hot and sunny afternoon, I strolled down to watch my local team Welling United play their opening Conference South fixture against Dulwich Hamlet. The match was a 2-0 victory for the home team.   The visitors were determined not to be relegated in their first season at this new level. Their giant team played robustly, and were not taking any prisoners, and were suitably rewarded when they had a player sent off after going 1-0 down.  The Hamlet players constantly hassled the referee and surrounded and disputed every decision.  They left a very sour taste with the home fans, and if they keep up all season, they will not be welcomed at many grounds.

During the game the large away following were clearly heard to chant loudly “They hated Tooting and Mitcham.” I spoke to a few Welling fans after the game, and they were shocked to hear the chants as they knew of the generosity made by the Terrors to share their ground and stay in existence.  Together with the Managers comments at the end of last season when he criticised the Imperial Fields playing surface, and the Terrors having to play second fiddle to match allocations, why do we need to put up with all of this! 

Obviously, the fans do not have a say in anything at Imperial Fields and the situation will only get worse. DC writes and mentions the money aspect of the ground share, but there is more to this than we understand, but I now have a better idea how this situation arose and why they were greeted with open arms.

Last edited by Mikem (05/8/2018 7:48 pm)

05/8/2018 8:42 pm  #2

Re: Dulwits Strike Early

Idiot

05/8/2018 8:58 pm  #3

Please do not judge us all by one person, as, lets face it all clubs will have fans who are not representative of them all, and no doubt you will still hear the chant at Imperial Fields of "we hate Dulwich".
Do we really care!

05/8/2018 9:04 pm  #4

alanj wrote:

Please do not judge us all by one person, as, lets face it all clubs will have fans who are not representative of them all, and no doubt you will still hear the chant at Imperial Fields of "we hate Dulwich".
Do we really care!

Love tooting!

The ultimate revenge to ruin our rivalry and songs. Hope things get back to traditional ways as quickly as possible.

Best of luck to all at tooting! Tap into all the local people and get those attendances up.

Last edited by Dulwich (05/8/2018 9:05 pm)

05/8/2018 9:13 pm  #5

Today a number of Dulwich and Tooting fans were together cleaning up the ground at Imperial fields and thanks to the hard work of a number of their fans the toilets in the ground and the over growth of weeds and other plants has been cut back and stripped away. Some of their fans will be the ground this week finishing off other jobs around the ground as well...
Of course there is rivalry and I bet we sing far more songs about them anyway....

Board footera