“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/8/2018 8:45 pm  #1

11/8/2018 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Northwood.......

where do you start?

11/8/2018 9:21 pm  #3

We start at the back.The system is all wrong. You just cannot leave 2 at the back with Wedgy & Bassett so far up the field.I dont care how promising the goalkeeper is, you have to play the player with the experience. I dont know what Ashley is playing at as he left out players for no reason whatsoever. How can you leave out of the squad players like Mattie, Eddie, Dan, also leaving Reece to warm the bench. People will say it was only the first game, but we have not learnt anything & at this rate we wont.Play your best players. Too many under 23"s in the same side at the same time. Not good enough for this level. I hope Mr. Adkins saw the comedy of errors & act quicker than the 10  games he has given.

11/8/2018 10:37 pm  #4

Lost for words really. And I wasn't even at the bloody game. There I was at work, all happy and jolly when I checked the score on the vidiprinter and we were 3-1 up. But due to past experiences supporting Tooting over the past 25 years, there is always that evil voice in my head telling me  that we will screw it up. And sure enough, at my next opportunity to check out the score at 5.00, we had indeed achieved that familiar Tooting trait of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Didn't exactly put me in a great frame of mind dealing with the great British public for the remainder of the evening. Maybe a good thing that I wasn't there, as I may have blown a gasket.

Speaking of blowing gaskets, how was our mate 2-4-6-8 Simon at the final whistle???

11/8/2018 10:55 pm  #5

It's a joke being 3-1 and can't hold on to a lead like that and Geoff I think the under 23 players are the only ones pulling there weight dom Isaiah etc I don't know what you mean by not good enough?

12/8/2018 7:19 am  #6

Dominic & Isiah, were regulars last season so i am not talking about them. The likes of the keeper,, the little number 8, who weighs about 8 stones (not strong enough), Simpson, Zamara. Thats whom i am talking about. The players that were left behind to play for the under23"s are all experienced players. If we cannot beat a team like Northwood who are a poor side then what does the future hold. As I said before the system is wrong for the type of players we"ve got. Dont let the rot set in before its too late.

12/8/2018 7:34 am  #7

Well only one game gone and I'm worried about this season. People saying that we will make the play offs before the great collapse... Really... Last time we got relegated we nearly went down the following season.

With supporter morale at an all time low. The game against Marlow is now huge... Loose that and you need to wonder how many fans will give up going to games

12/8/2018 7:47 am  #8

Geoff, after the game I had a long talk with both Jackie and Steve, both of whom were agreed that the route of promoting players from the under 23`s is the route to follow, but as I explained to them, you can not buy experience so why play players who are still learning their trade when you have better, and experienced players sitting on the bench, not only that, but what kind of message does that send out to the older members of the squad, that it does not matter how well you are playing,be prepared to lose your place to someone with less experience and not quite ready to make the big step up to the first team, because that is what the coaches want. This is what has happened today and according to Steve, apart from one of the two players who made their senior debut today, he does not see a problem with that and if we, as supporters are concerned, if we do then raise the issue with Ashley.
On another point,Steve did mention he is very concerned at the lack of enthusiasm from us supporters to help the club with the required duties, eg; matchday secretary, and, whether said to bluff, or whether he meant it, if nobody comes forward within the next five games, then he will " pull the rug" on the football.
I did mention to him that many supporters are prepared to help at the club, and the many that do proves that point, but many, like myself value the time spent in the bar on a matchday talking to likeminded people and under no circumstances wish to lose it, but any other day of the week, helping to promote the club to improve footfall through the turnstile is not a problem.

12/8/2018 8:00 am  #9

Alan, it really shows how narrow minded he is. Surely he should have known nobody within the club wanted the job of match secretary as it is time consuming. That post should have been advertised 3 weeks ago at least. If he feels that nobody would come forward within the next 5 games, then why does"nt put the club up for sale. 

12/8/2018 8:01 am  #10

Fretters the Second wrote:

how was our mate 2-4-6-8 Simon at the final whistle???

It was me that went mad at the end... Super angry and a tough pill to swallow

Last edited by Bogend Ant (12/8/2018 8:01 am)

12/8/2018 8:14 am  #11

I tend to agree with Geoff. We did not get off to a good start. Mr Adkins had full view of the goals the from the inexperienced goal keeper and had no comments.

Mr Adkins is seeking help with club to fill positions or he pulls the rug. If there is no one from within for these positions then advertise the positions. He can't put this on the fans and use us as a escape goat.

12/8/2018 8:16 am  #12

That was a shambles yesterday. keeper not good enough. Could not believe that 3rd goal. Also looking from side lines is it a case of all mates together.

12/8/2018 8:47 am  #13

Supporter morale is very low and we have lost over the years a number of fans who would help out and do things... Problems behind the scenes have driven many away.We can all remember people who gave up their time and energy to help out who no longer come to games.

The members club ask for help but apart from a couple of Directors too many in charge don't bother to engage with the general support seeming happy to stay in the board room away from everyone.... They want your help... They want your money... But they don't want to talk with you. They don't want to have open meetings and introduce themselves and now they wonder why people won't help out.

I don't have a magic solution to any of this but I do know that we have some brilliant people at the club. We just have to unite people.

12/8/2018 8:49 am  #14

Empty threats from the chairman. Great way to improve supporter morale 👏

12/8/2018 9:31 am  #15

I was planning on going until my Good Lady Wife suggested going to the pub on the flimsy excuse of us having been together for 31 years. Anyhow, my marriage apart, I snuck a look at the scores when wifey went to powder her nose and was thrilled to see us 3-1 up! Checking on the responses to our " win" on here, I was shocked to see that we had thrown it away.

Reading the comments regarding team selection only reinforces my view that the club has no ambition.

12/8/2018 10:24 am  #16

A typical game from us why on earth don’t you change the formation when you are winning the game with fifteen minutes to go strengthen the back make it hard for them to score I have never been a fan of Ashley doesn’t seem interested writing was on the wall with the friendlys the way the opposite team so easily got through our defence Atkins should be looking now for a new manager before it’s too late

12/8/2018 10:33 am  #17

I joked when we were in the Ryan South it was the equivalent of “Sunday Football”.  Our new diluted version is akin to “School Boy” Football.  The team does not have much further to fall on its dramatic decline.  The standard of this league including our team is very poor, after the first 15 minutes of this dreadful game I gave priority listening to the Test Match. 

Many of our players were not up to the poor standard of Football witnessed today.  Our keeper slapping and flapping around all game and was a total embarrassment (Not his fault).  Some players were physically inept even at this level. Even if the Terrors go on to get promotion they would be slaughtered in a higher league. Enough was enough when the dreadful equaliser went in, I knew what would happen and I adjourned to a local pub. With a manager who was part of the relegation management team, and probably under orders to select schoolboys into the team, and an assistant manager who was clearly not good enough at the club, and is now playing again what hope is there!

HH quotes “With supporter morale at an all-time low. The game against Marlow is now huge... Lose that and you need to wonder how many fans will give up going to games.” Unfortunately, a large number of fans gave up going a few years ago, we are now on the fringe of self-destruction.  The Marlow game is totally irrelevant after the game seen at Northwood.  What’s more importantly relevant is the future of our team, Surrey Elite League here we come!

The owner after taking the heart out of the Team and supporters since taking over the whole place, and then coming up with his inane “Lamppost “Consultancy that academy players are the way forward, he then expects volunteers to step up and fill vacant posts. After the shocking way he’s treated other volunteers in the past, What planet does this individual live on, Pluto I suspect.  You reap what you sow, and 13 years of trying hard to make the team fail his finally winning.  

GG reflects, the owner should sell the “Club”. Unfortunately, we do not have a club to sell. The team is a name only registered at the F.A. registered under TMSL. The whole of the complex would have to be sold to get to this great conclusion. In Short “He has everyone by the short and curly’s.  We can only hope one day this will happen.

I had a dream (heard that before).  A dedicated football person who understood the full potential of Imperial Fields bought out the owner. He immediately put in place an experienced non-league manager, recruited experience players to take the club forward, crowds grew, the ground became atmospheric, even  a club shop was opened, suddenly I awoke in a cold sweat and realised the reality of the living nightmare. 
Personally after the last few years, I would like to  see the team wound up to save further embarrassment and put the handful of dedicated supporters out of their misery.

Last edited by Mikem (12/8/2018 10:35 am)

12/8/2018 10:50 am  #18

Spot on as ever Mike.
What really gets me though is Mr Adkins comments regarding the fans. Year on year he has stripped away any responsibility from us, systemaically alienating fans. His other tactic has been to engage with key people or make sweeping promises at meetings, only to reverse ferret almost immediately.
It's nothing to do with money, he has simply ripped our hearts out over the years so now there's not much of the carcass left to fight for.

12/8/2018 11:01 am  #19

theres only one person who has no ambition and that is mr adkins.what a joke to blame the supporters for 
the situation of nobody coming forward to volunteer for various jobs.the plain truth is the morale of the 
supporters is now almost at rock bottom.i said that the decision to go with another manager with no real experience and no contacts would be a big mistake and going down the route of using the bulk of the under 23s would compound that,but mr adkins chose the cheap option.
steve and jackie know very little about what it takes to get a successful team together and whats more he 
simply sees the situation in black and white.also if what alan said is correct and he is talking about pulling the rug then that should tell you everything.
if he does not what the football club anymore why cant he just be honest and say so instead of trying to 
blame the support for not doing enough as has been said already he could have advertised the match secretary job.i think he just doesant want the club there end of story.

12/8/2018 11:31 am  #20

I quoted him verbatim Danny, whether it was bluff or not, only he knows, but it was said at a point in our conversation when he appeared to mean it, but we have heard him make statements in the past and they have not been fulfilled.
Quite a few other points were raised, too many to go into here, but I think his attitude shows a lack of concern, or a total belief, in the promotion of our younger players from the under twenty three`s.

12/8/2018 11:48 am  #21

Do you think we will get a hundred people through the door Saturday?Good luck to the management team,they have a virtually impossible job.

12/8/2018 2:13 pm  #22

Comfortable to catastrophe in 15 minutes.
Northwood FC should have been dead and buried, but unfortunately one too many Tooting & Mitcham attacks in the second half ended up in Northwood Cemetery and must have raised the dead (Northwood FC) to somehow win this game.
Their Striker James Ewington gambled and accepted the defensive gifts with glee.
Just a word on Billy Dunn, a well taken goal after very good work from Isaiah Jones and Dominic Morgan-Griffiths.
Also the hold up play and pass to Danny Bassett for the third goal.
With Chase O'Neil departed, I can see Billy Dunn dropping deeper to be a more creative influence.

12/8/2018 2:40 pm  #23

The inclusion of all these inexperienced players and lack of experience has cost us. My answer to Adkins is with all that money your getting from Dulwich he should have put a little aside to invest seeing as we are 2nd fiddle in our own ground. We found two great players in dom and Isaac jones.That does not mean every young player will be like them that was shown yesterday leaving the little experience we have on the bench is a joke some of these players like the keeper are not even sunday football quality and would be better in a volley ball team.

12/8/2018 8:55 pm  #24

Hi guys
Have been reading all the comments this afternoon,  and have to agree with most of them. I said it years ago
Atkin's is not a footballing man and never has been, he only bought into the club so he could get his hands on the sandy lane ground to which he made a nice sum of money for himself and his building company. He never has had any intention of putting the money in to progress the club and never will. unfortunately we are stuck with him, I didn't get to Northwood yesterday, so will hold back on commenting on the team until Saturday, only seen one half of a friendly and that didn't look encouraging,      

12/8/2018 9:06 pm  #25

I tend to agree with Geoff. We did not get off to a good start. Mr Adkins had full view of the goals the from the inexperienced goal keeper and had no comments.

Mr Adkins is seeking help with club to fill positions or he pulls the rug. If there is no one from within for these positions then advertise the positions. He can't put this on the fans and use us as a escape goat.

Board footera