“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2018 10:02 pm  #1

What a difference a week makes!!

Much, much better today, I thought the whole team played well and showed the fight that has been lacking so far this season. Daryl Coleman looks a good signing, he gives that bit of physically that's been missing since McLaren left.
Hopefully  this will be the start of something better..

06/10/2018 11:39 pm  #2

Re: What a difference a week makes!!

A very happy Terror today. An excellent performance. Thought Bassett was my MOM. He ran his socks off and deserved his goal . The defence looked solid too. I’m liking Lexus with every game and also thought SPB had a decent game. Am hoping that Wedgie going off early in the second half was just a precaution. Also liked the look of Hibbert, who came on and set up Bassett for his goal.

07/10/2018 9:10 am  #3

At last we have seen an end result for all the good football that was being played in the areas that did not hurt our opponents. Instead of seeing one person in the box awaiting the cross, several were evident most times.
Much better all round display. My man of the match was also Daryl Colman, as he showed last week at Aveley, he brings a physical presence that we have been lacking and playing in front of the back three, as he did yesterday, he cut out a lot of the balls which earlier in the season were causing problems, good signing, good performance, now you go again on Tuesday to play a Three Bridges team who are not having the best of seasons.
When Wedgie came on in the second half his thigh was strapped up, as much as he is an important cog in our wheel I feel it might be that he will be rested for Tuesday`s game as the league is of more importance than this particular cup game.

07/10/2018 9:38 am  #4

Hope you enjoy your evening at Three Bridges on Tuesday Alan. Think the rest of us will probably be at Burgess Hill watching The Terrors!😂😂

07/10/2018 9:47 am  #5

Was gonna mention that Tim! 😂

Great performance yesterday. Danny was my man of the match, but it was a real team effort.

I spoke to Peter in the bar after the game, and he said it was just a dead leg, so hopefully he will be back for Tuesday.

Last edited by DarrenP (07/10/2018 9:48 am)

07/10/2018 12:42 pm  #6

Dave McCann's "Ramble Inn" Man of the Match was Daryl Coleman. 

Sadly  both the award winner and the champagne had buggered off before the presentation could be made so this will have to happen on November 10th - the next home game for the Terrors (Yes, really !! - fixture madness)  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

07/10/2018 12:42 pm  #7

It`s an age thing Tim! I always get those two mixed up, but somehow manage to arrive at the right ground.

07/10/2018 4:28 pm  #8

I see that Saidou Khan made a low key return to the club yesterday. I think he was the best of the youngsters that came through under Craig Tenner. He went into the Premier Division but was unable to get a regular start. He seems to have slipped back down a division, but hopefully he still has the talent and can regain the form of a few years ago.

08/10/2018 5:56 am  #9

Good performance I thought.Took us a while to get going.For me it was better when Bassett moved wider.I just don't think he is an out and out striker.Dont get me wrong he will work his socks off,but I don't think he scores enough goals . Daryl was man of match by a mile.He is just what we need.So is this an end to back three?Keep improving.

08/10/2018 10:09 am  #10

I wasn't at Aveley so i cannot comment on his performance across two games but i thought the new CM Daryl Coleman made a HUGE difference to our side. A bit of experience, steel and grit in midfield - looks to have worked to calm the whole side down and make the right decisions about when to play and when to be sensible. Must be great for the young heads around him. Well done to the management for picking him up and getting him integrated and up to speed so quickly. 

Four across the back also looked like a much better fit. Everyone looked more comfortable. 

Danny Bassett is often found wanting in my eyes but credit where credit is due he had a very good game and was directly involved in our second and third. 

Thought Eddie Dines was excellent at right back as well. 

Let's now go on a winning run starting tomorrow, because talent wise - we are good enough!

Lastly, whilst I'm happy that we've got a new keeper who has experience (although you could argue Matt P was just that), i do want to call out the good performances of the stand-in Morgan Campbell. No idea if he has been released/dropped/u23s etc, but his shot stopping for a couple of our games was excellent in front of a very leaky defence who did him no favours - so he should be credited for that. 

08/10/2018 11:06 am  #11

Entertaining game were in control most of the game Eddie dines was my man of the match couldn’t see the sense of taking of basset replacing with Clements passing definitely needs working on thought Hertford was poor considering they are sixth in the league in all hope this is a start of a good run

Board footera