“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/10/2018 8:29 pm  #1

NO SHAME

Theire was no shame in the defeat today at Cheshunt, every member of the team today can feel proud with their contribution, especially our new young keeper Liam.
The home supporters behind me in the stand could not speak highly enough of him.
Until Darryl was sent off, rightly so in my opinion, you would not have felt their was much difference between both sets of players, in fact i felt we just shaded it and if the referee, and the linesman, who had a perfect view of the incident, had not bottled the decision regarding their keepers blatant handball outside of the box, I think within the first fifteen minutes, it would have been them down to ten men and hopefully with the resulting penalty, we should have been the first team to score.
As it happened if the footballing gods had been smiling down upon us we could have gone in at half time, two goals to the good.
But it was not to be our day despite our best effort in the second half, we could not stop them scoring and although we came back at them with determination they eventually, as our ten men tired, scored two more.
But I left the ground feeling this is a team that showed fight and determination and with a little luck on the day would have at least come away with a point.
Well done to you all.
As for Darryl, I feel he only knows one way to play, and that is with a fair amount of steel coupled with no small measure of talent, take that out of his game and he would be a lesser player for it.
Such a shame that it had such an adverse effect upon the team today.

Last edited by alanj (13/10/2018 8:30 pm)

13/10/2018 8:38 pm  #2

Re: NO SHAME

Sadly Alan, it was 12 against 10 for most of the match - the Referee was totally inept and incapable of any consistency with very poor decisions and blatant ignorance of any wrong doings by our opponents.
The only way for example that they could silence the effervescent Danny Basset was to constantly kick him up in the air which the Ref just ignored all match ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/10/2018 9:25 pm  #3

Could not disagree that the ref was not great but I did not feel he was any worse than most at this level.
Now if we were talking about the "man in black" last Tuesday, he WAS beyond the pale!
Can not disagree about Danny today, I felt this was his best game this season so far, but as I stated in another post, the whole team were a credit to both themselves and the club and in no way could we as supporters feel let down.

14/10/2018 12:57 am  #4

alanj wrote:

Theire was no shame in the defeat today at Cheshunt, every member of the team today can feel proud with their contribution, especially our new young keeper Liam.
The home supporters behind me in the stand could not speak highly enough of him.
Until Darryl was sent off, rightly so in my opinion, you would not have felt their was much difference between both sets of players, in fact i felt we just shaded it and if the referee, and the linesman, who had a perfect view of the incident, had not bottled the decision regarding their keepers blatant handball outside of the box, I think within the first fifteen minutes, it would have been them down to ten men and hopefully with the resulting penalty, we should have been the first team to score.
As it happened if the footballing gods had been smiling down upon us we could have gone in at half time, two goals to the good.
But it was not to be our day despite our best effort in the second half, we could not stop them scoring and although we came back at them with determination they eventually, as our ten men tired, scored two more.
But I left the ground feeling this is a team that showed fight and determination and with a little luck on the day would have at least come away with a point.
Well done to you all.
As for Darryl, I feel he only knows one way to play, and that is with a fair amount of steel coupled with no small measure of talent, take that out of his game and he would be a lesser player for it.
Such a shame that it had such an adverse effect upon the team today.

​Liam Sallis has been a GK at TMU for several years, not new to the club, just promoted

14/10/2018 2:18 pm  #5

Alan's talking about Luke (I think he just got his Liam's and Luke's confused) Colquhoun - our NEW young 'keeper (signed from Chipstead)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

14/10/2018 9:09 pm  #6

You are not wrong DeePee, from the halfway line and in the same colour kit, and of a similar build, they both look alike with my old eyes.

15/10/2018 11:00 am  #7

Unfortunately, it is sounding very much like last season.  A couple of decent performances, but ultimately ending up pointless, Remember Billericay last season and Northwood this season.  Also hearing that we were playing well until the red card and then getting thrashed.  Sounds very like Hendon and Staines away last season.

I think I was blaming bad luck for our predicament up until about Christmas last year.  

Last season I thought that Frank Wilson was a bit slow to recognise the problems, and when he did bring players in, they just didn't work out.  There were about 4 or 5 defenders that came and went, and Omar Folkes just didn't provide the sparks.  And even though I think Morgan Griffiths was a success, the other youngsters like Jones and Simpson may have looked ok but just weren't effective against Premier Division defenders.

So Ashley Bosah has to work fast because it is already clear that this particular group of players aren't going to win many games this season.  And if you don't get the right players in and start getting some results it will make things almost impossible to turn around later.  And like last season, we will already be beaten before we have even kicked off.

15/10/2018 12:29 pm  #8

Endo! do not think that after the red card we were thrashed, nothing could have been further from the truth, and it was not until very late in the game when they had bought on two substitutes that they initially scored.
No the team kept on fighting until the end.
What did frustrate me was prior to their first goal when we were still very much in it, we had Isiah sitting on the bench, the game was begging for a player like him with his pace, and no amount of skill, to come on and stretch their defenders and who knows had we scored first we might have seen a very different result.
But for reasons best known to Ashley, although he had him warming up, he stayed on the bench.
A trick missed methink`s.
In my opinion, as I have said before, until we address the issue with not finishing the chances we do create, our season is going to go this way.
Considering Cheshunt`s position in the table we were every bit their equal, but if we can not finish!

15/10/2018 4:09 pm  #9

We have seen it time and time again I don’t think Ashley & co can see no further than their nose take Saturdays game we are a man down in first half hour o.k they kept playing well but why wait till the other team made a change which had a impact straight away that said it all we need a manager that can read the game

15/10/2018 4:25 pm  #10

alanj wrote:

Endo! do not think that after the red card we were thrashed, nothing could have been further from the truth, and it was not until very late in the game when they had bought on two substitutes that they initially scored.
No the team kept on fighting until the end.

alanj - i think that's precisely the point endo' is making. On paper it does look like a thrashing. And that's the same principle from last season. i.e. if you were there it was a good story/fight until it wasn't! And on paper we were comfortably beaten. And at the end of the season we were down. Etc. 
You could argue that there were games last season that we were unlucky, but the league table at the end of the season still showed us as the one team relegated, so the stories of hard luck and misfortune don't live long in the memory. 
And that's precisely the point endo' is making. We can't have another season where we were nearly men in terms of the wonderful narratives we carved out in 'close games until it wasn't close' type stories. 
We need points on the board because before too long we'll either be wallowing in mid-low table unable of catching up to the play offs - or worse!

endo' - great post. Resonated with me. 

15/10/2018 9:26 pm  #11

The point I am making Dac is, in no way were we disgraced, the scoreline is not a fair reflection on the game, they scored their first goal on 71 minutes so by that time we had played  half an hour with ten men, their third goal was not scored until the 90th minute which by this time considering the shift put in by our ten men on the pitch says a lot for the effort put in.
Last season it was evident from the very first game against Staines that that team we put out were going to be in for a very tough time, unless the shortcomings were addressed, as we all know they were not, we had a stubborn manager who was out of his depth and the rest as they say is history.
In my opinion this season is different, the quality of the opposition falls way short from last season but the players, with the exception of a couple, are the same but have shown they can hold their own.  I feel if the issue regarding our weak front line is addressed then you will see us move up the table.
The issue regarding the management duo I am still unsure of I just hope they are quick learners.

16/10/2018 10:02 am  #12

Can’t see that happening any time soon al it’s is exactly the same as last season as you say manager was out of his depth we are now in a lower league it’s the same I get the impression the coach this season hasn’t grasped the time when to use his subs shame we can’t get results like the under 23’s and that is exactly like last season

16/10/2018 12:09 pm  #13

The next three games will give us a better idea of where we are, just a shame they will be without Daryl.
I would imagine they will play Simeone but he is not the same type of player.

Board footera