“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2018 4:39 pm  #1

Last Saturday's match programme.

No disrespect to  DeePee who does a wonderful job producing under difficult circumstances our match day programme, but take a look at Cheshunt’s match day programme.  =11pthttps://cheshuntfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/TootingMitcham-final.pdf  

Last edited by Mikem (16/10/2018 5:25 pm)

16/10/2018 5:09 pm  #2

Re: Last Saturday's match programme.

Thanks for the endorsment Mike. I guess it's alright if you want an electronic one I suppose - but I would hazard a guess that 75% or upwards of T&MU FC's clientele would rather have a paper based one that has good and varied content in it.  

Yes it costs nothing and it's easy enough to churn out a pretty coloured programme for publishing on social media/websites etc., but I personally feel that an electronic version is a cop-out and should not be allowed at our level of football.  

........and what about the League requirement that referees, home & away teams and Boardroom visitors being issued with copies ? Is an electronic version not flouting the rules somewhat ?  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

16/10/2018 5:28 pm  #3

Re: Last Saturday's match programme.

Hey DeePee, not advocating anything, I understand all the benefits and Non -Benefits of “E” programmes.  Some clubs produce both on line and paper versions. I Also understand the amount of extra work involved. But for those many who do not purchase a programme or go to away fixtures, it does give an opportunity to expand readership. There seems to be a lot of revenue opportunities as well. But I don’t want to wreck your marriage!  

Last edited by Mikem (16/10/2018 5:29 pm)

Board footera