“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2018 8:22 pm  #1

EGHAM

At present are being thrashed by Chips. 5-0 and there are still 15minutes to play.
Yes I know Chips are at home but they are still giving one hell of a beating, surely this coming Saturday will see the first of three valuable points.
Please!

Last edited by alanj (16/10/2018 8:24 pm)

16/10/2018 8:36 pm  #2

Re: EGHAM

Lets leave it as it is.... We have a horrible habit of looking stupid after games which have been seen to be easy wins for what ever reason... I bet Egham view Saturdays game as one they can win as well.

16/10/2018 8:55 pm  #3

"Always look on the bright side of life"

18/10/2018 5:18 am  #4

I'm going by train. Are there any decent boozers between the station and the ground ?

18/10/2018 11:31 am  #5

3 pubs in the high street all mainly gastro pubs but do real ale. Red lion used to be alright also got the white lion and the crown

18/10/2018 12:10 pm  #6

Wolfie Smith wrote:

3 Red lion used to be alright also got the white lion and the crown

The Egham Pub naming committee must have spend seconds thinking up these names !!! 

18/10/2018 7:50 pm  #7

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

Lets leave it as it is.... We have a horrible habit of looking stupid after games which have been seen to be easy wins for what ever reason... I bet Egham view Saturdays game as one they can win as well.

Exactly what I was thinking, Harry.

18/10/2018 8:49 pm  #8

I have always approached a game with a positive thought. I think I am too old to change now.

19/10/2018 8:08 am  #9

My one concern regarding Saturday is,
do they have Sky in the clubhouse!

19/10/2018 2:15 pm  #10

There is the United Services Club in Egham - Camra club of the year!

19/10/2018 4:40 pm  #11

Indeed Endo but you need to show a copy of the CAMRA Good Beer Guide or a CAMRA membership card to get in.

19/10/2018 8:44 pm  #12

Think I will make the "Robin Hood PH" my watering hole as they not only have BT but also real ale.

20/10/2018 2:18 pm  #13

2-0 down in 12 mins.................

20/10/2018 4:01 pm  #14

Well well didn’t see that coming like you said Steve two nil down what a turn around brought on hady game changed good result

20/10/2018 4:07 pm  #15

Great result Terrors!  Well done to the lads

20/10/2018 7:12 pm  #16

An observation from a few behind the goal was that no one was running in behind Bassett for both of the penalties but players were just stood on the half way line like it was a foregone conclusion? Surely the manager should be shouting for the players to run in. No he was sat in the dug out like he did for most of the first half with minimal communication  to the players! If we was playing a better team we would have been 5 or 6 down in the first half! Far from convincing today!

20/10/2018 8:02 pm  #17

Well put 59er. At half time I thought this message board would be a very different place! I am hard pressed to put any positive spin on that first half. No shape, no pattern and no composure. Compounded with a couple of awful defensive aberrations made it one of the worst halves I'd ever seen. Then you put that into the context of the season so far and the standard of the opposition you can see why there was an air of mutiny on the terraces. That said, the support for the players was still pretty good.

The 2nd half was obviously better with DMG getting much further forward to support Bassett, then Ghandour.  A couple of decent finishes meant that we got the win that looked so unlikely after the first 45 minutes. 

However, the scars of the first half are still raw, so as 59er says, the win has had some of the gloss taken off of it.

But to me the team is a long way from being a top half side and we really need to develop a pattern of play that suits the players that we have.

Obviously the team have to get some credit for coming back from 3-1 down, and I thought Bassett did ok up front. But other than that I came away from the game expecting a long tough winter.

21/10/2018 10:39 am  #18

I would rather that we play badly and win, than play well an lose.  Winning is what it is all about.

21/10/2018 1:00 pm  #19

A good comeback and more importantly 3 points won. The teams frailties were all  there to see yesterday in the first half. Poor defensively, lacking cutting edge and confidence up front, with minimal direction from the dugout. Credit to the team for not giving up, although a better team than Egham wouldn't have let us back in as easily as they did.

21/10/2018 3:46 pm  #20

As it’s been said a numerous of times management don’t encourage the players bringing on hady seemed to change the course of the game maybe a change of coach is needed can’t see that happening any time soon what happened to give him ten games

22/10/2018 11:53 am  #21

donnyc wrote:

As it’s been said a numerous of times management don’t encourage the players bringing on hady seemed to change the course of the game maybe a change of coach is needed can’t see that happening any time soon what happened to give him ten games

Was it not the management's decision to bring on Hady? Which as you say changed the course of the game?

Don't get me wrong, i'm neither for nor against our current management duo, but balance of argument is key. 

22/10/2018 3:33 pm  #22

"what happened to give him ten games"
If Mr Adkins meant 10 LEAGUE games then that last one was only the 9th !! Watch this space I guess. 
I do rate League games far more important that any of the various cup games, especially the commonly termed "mickey mouse" ones.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

22/10/2018 6:21 pm  #23

Come on Dave I think you are clutching at straws leaque games or cup ones a win is just important especially f a cup & f a trophy not forgetting our faithful London senior

22/10/2018 8:36 pm  #24

As we all know the team that represents a club in a cup game is  not necessarily the same team in the league.
So the only fair way to compare is, league games.

Board footera