“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/11/2018 12:08 am  #1

(Sir) Billy Smith

A get together in honour of one of the clubs most illustrious servants is being organised for the 9th of December, I believe from 2.00 pm onwards, all are welcome.
Before the due date a bucket collection is being organised and if any one has any suggestions for a suitable presentation as recognition for the not inconsiderable service he has given to our club, please let me know.

06/11/2018 3:17 pm  #2

Re: (Sir) Billy Smith

Alan, I did say its the 2nd December 

06/11/2018 4:28 pm  #3

Alan, apologies you are right it is the 9th December, but i dont know of any presentation. According to Joe ts a celebration to what Billy & George did for us

06/11/2018 10:09 pm  #4

The presentation was my suggestion Geoff. With Billy held in such high esteem at the club I personally feel it is the least we, as supporters can do in recognition to his service to the club both as a player and manager.
Starting a bucket collection this Saturday.

06/11/2018 10:10 pm  #5

Geoff I have just noticed, are you saying it is for both Billy and George.

07/11/2018 5:07 pm  #6

As far as I understand it's for Billy as he is in declining health.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

07/11/2018 9:49 pm  #7

That's what I thought Steve Adkins meant when he told us.
Thanks for the confirmation DeePee

25/11/2018 10:13 am  #8

Just an update!
yesterdays collection yielded a further £16-75 so making a combined total of £ 171-05.
Thank`s once again to all those who gave so generously and I hope to see you there at the presentation on Sunday 9th. December commencing 2-00 pm.

25/11/2018 3:48 pm  #9

Out of interest, this is the wording of the original post that Joe Vines put on Facebook back on 1st November

“On 9th December at Tooting and Tooting Mitcham we will be getting a few of the successful Tooting side from that Billy Smith & George Wakeling era to celebrate a special time in the club's history and more importantly to celebrate what those two men did for us as players and people. I would like to extend the invite to anyone that would like to join us for a drink or two with our families.”

25/11/2018 9:58 pm  #10

Such a pity I was not informed of this before Tim, but thank you for doing so now.
It leaves me with a problem, do I need two items as against one.
Noticing the club had what appeared to be a full set of the required style shirts, will it be possible to obtain another during this week. Please let me know.

04/12/2018 8:38 pm  #11

HI Alan, if you remember rightly, I did read out to you what Joe Vines had posted on facebook which was before Mr Marcus posted more of the same. Alan keep a look out for a PM please

Board footera