“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/11/2018 9:05 am  #1

NOT WHAT WAS EXPECTED.

After our recent run of form during the last four away games I was not expecting it to come crashing down in such an unremarkable way yesterday.
We started brightly, scoring within four minutes and for the next fifteen appeared to be well in control, another goal and the game would have been won. Gradually Westfield got themselves back into the game and for the remaining minutes of the game were unlucky not to have been level.
At the end of the half with the teams in their respective dressing rooms it was possibly ten minutes before our management team left the pitch, so losing valuable time to explain an adjustment of our playing tactics because the first half`s display was to say the least poor.
At the start of the second half Westfield were the team showing they wanted it more and we just did not compete, our passing was atrocious, I have seen better in the park, the quality of play the team had been showing recently away from home just was not there. Naturally and deservedly so, Westfield drew level and it was no surprise that they eventually scored a winner in the third minute of extra time.
At the end of the game as supporter`s we could only hold our hands up and say the best team won.
One disappointment for me was the loud criticism by several of our supporters who were close by to me in the stand, making their feelings known in a manner that in no way could have inspired the players to up their game, how they thought that would encourage the players is beyond me, sure we were all bitterly disappointed but that reaction from (so called fans) does not help the team.

18/11/2018 10:35 am  #2

Re: NOT WHAT WAS EXPECTED.

A good summary of the game Alanj.
We just stopped playing after 15 minutes.
I never understand giving negative comments towards our own players and then expect them to raise their games. Apart from Luke Colquhoun all underperformed on Saturday and nearly got away with a draw.
I must credit Westfield off the pitch, as well as on the pitch.

Last edited by FairweatherFan (18/11/2018 11:05 am)

18/11/2018 11:02 am  #3

Could not agree more regarding Luke, were it not for him the game would have been out of site before half time.
Too many players went missing yesterday and were well below their usual standard.
What I find frustrating is if only they had more belief in themselves and how good they can be, as they have shown on several occasions I feel sure the playoff`s, at least, could be achievable.
The one thing I can say in defence of yesterday is we did have several automatic first team choices missing through injury or otherwise, and it showed how thin we are for choice when our first eleven are unavailable.

18/11/2018 11:24 am  #4

Hopefully one or two players will be back by next weekend and can be the start another unbeaten run.
Regarding the management team, they normally do stay out on the pitch or sidelines at half time the discuss things before going to the dressing rooms to see the team.
We will see on Tuesday (cup game) depending on the squad selected, but most certainly next Saturday how the team responds.

Board footera