“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2018 6:53 am  #1

First game I have attended this season ..... now I'm over 60!!!!

After all the hurt from the games I witnessed last season and having now turned 60 (concession entrance rate) I ventured down to the Imperial fields as the heavens opened.
I secured the what looks like an excellent book "We woz robbed in 59...." which the events my dear old dad RIP often spoke about. I was generally pleased obviously with the result under what must have been testing pitch conditions. Yes the defence looked rocky at times but the passing and attack showed to me promise. I appreciate that I cannot base yesterdays performance on previous matches this season but  I did come away at least happy which after last season's games could be the start of my rehabilitation into attending  Bostick South Central Division football !!!!!!

09/12/2018 12:36 pm  #2

Re: First game I have attended this season ..... now I'm over 60!!!!

The team is moving in the right direction with more competition for places especially in midfield.
Nice to see Stefan Ilic is starting to fulfil his promise with two good goals.
Daryl Coleman also scored with an outstanding long distance strike.
Let's hope the birds have eaten most of the Chafer grubs, as the pitch
is looking bare and muddy in places.

10/12/2018 7:50 am  #3

The desire to get back into the game after going down to a goal so much different from last year on the down side this year with have scored first and lost the lead hopefully with games coming up with lower opponents we can move into the playoffs

10/12/2018 8:04 am  #4

All fair comments. Definitely sensed a strong determination from the "Terrors" to get a positive result from Saturdays game which was refreshing to say the least !!! Onwards and Upwards.

Board footera