“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/4/2019 2:39 pm  #1

League Champions

I see that all 4 Bostik divisions have been sealed already, including Dorking Wanderers in the Premier.  It made me look back to our championship season and see how all the challengers have fared since then.  Well, obviously we dropped straight back!  But Greenwich, who looked favourites for the title until the magnificent 9 man win, and missed out in the playoffs again last season, are languishing near the foot of the table and have a real chance of being relegated back to county leagues.

Of the other play off losers that year, Casuals went one better last season and are in the Premier now,.  And Hastings, who had an average season last year are back in the playoffs again this time.

And Carshalton, who just missed out that season, in part due to Jordan Wilson's cameo goal, won it last season and look like making the playoffs in the Premier this time around.

It makes last season all the more disappointing as, apart from the actual relegation, we really missed a chance to consolidate and push on up the leagues.

16/4/2019 7:59 am  #2

Re: League Champions

Yes - re-reading it was a bit gloomy!

But the U23s have won their league this season, and we could yet go into the final day of the season with a chance of promotion.  So things are a lot brighter than the picture I just painted!

Board footera