“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/1/2024 11:32 pm  #1

Hurrah!

Great win tonight. Was a pretty full on terse and tense derby with plenty of snap and snarl.

Story of chances tonight. Shay has three in the first half and scored two. They had two free headers and missed both.

Saw the red card near the end but having had a player count up we had 8 outfield players at the end?

Saw the sin bin earlier on but did I miss another sin bin or a second red?

Obviously we still have serious self discipline issues, but.....

Unbeaten in 2024 😁

28/1/2024 10:31 am  #2

Re: Hurrah!

Didn't go but noticed 3 more goals for Shay Brennan. The only class player we have, at this rate he is going to get way over 30 league goals in his debut season for us. Has anyone else done this. Paul Vines, Nigel Webb maybe?

28/1/2024 12:44 pm  #3

Back to back wins !!! Well done Toots!!!!  Onwards and upwards !!!!

28/1/2024 9:01 pm  #4

Shay did what Shay does and went home with another Match Ball. It has to be said that O'Briens two finishes were out of the top drawer too. Good all-round performance, quality deliveries into the box from wide areas, only one extremely dubious yellow card (I'm not sure it was even a foul, never mind a yellow), clean sheet, 3 points, an emotional pre-match minutes silence for my old mucker Alan, great sing-song up the Bishops with the Bog End choir. What a f**king great Saturday afternoon.

29/1/2024 5:57 am  #5

Andy Mc wrote:

Didn't go but noticed 3 more goals for Shay Brennan. The only class player we have, at this rate he is going to get way over 30 league goals in his debut season for us. Has anyone else done this. Paul Vines, Nigel Webb maybe?

I think that John Hastings banged in 30+ goals in his first season.  Correct me if I am wrong: was it the season where he knocked in 6 against Ashford? 

29/1/2024 10:51 am  #6

evthedog wrote:

Andy Mc wrote:

I think that John Hastings banged in 30+ goals in his first season.  Correct me if I am wrong: was it the season where he knocked in 6 against Ashford? 

I think John Daubney also got well over 30 in his only season back in the early 80's 

Last edited by DaveM (29/1/2024 10:57 am)

29/1/2024 12:28 pm  #7

Great to see us score five but I think both Quiassaca and Louie Reid Newth both received yellow cards.  Is there anybody out there keeping a record of the number of cards received this season?  It would be interesting to compare the total with the number of goals scored..  Let's hope we can repeat that performance against Balham!

29/1/2024 4:01 pm  #8

Both were substituted shortly after being booked so thankfully the management are taking note.

29/1/2024 4:46 pm  #9

Jake Baxter notched 31 in his first season in 15/16 and Dan Summers got 35 in his first in 14/15.

But Vinesey got 42 in his first season in 06/07.

Hastings got 34 in his first season in 04/05.

But the king of them all was Webby who smashed 51 in his first season.

Before that Daubney got 39 in 82/83.

Nicky Glover got 32 in 74/75 but may not count as his first season as he played one game the previous season.  Same with Ives who got 34 in 72/73 but played a game the season before.

Going back, Colin Johnson scored 30 in his only season in 66/67. 

And of course Bob Parker scored 34 in the first season after the war - so depends if you include war time football in your stats.

Last edited by endofthelane (29/1/2024 4:48 pm)

Board footera