“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/2/2024 8:49 pm  #1

Heart-warming Gesture

For those of you that haven't heard the news yet, the Goal Of The Season award will now be named 'The Geoff Gatt Goal Of The Season Award' as a tribute to one of the Terrors most devoted fans. I learned of this via The Bog End Podcast, I think they said the decision was made and voted for unanimously, at the last Members Club meeting. I would love to know the identity of the individual who had the inspired idea in the first place and buy that man (or woman) a beer. I think Geoff would've been thrilled. 

09/2/2024 9:08 am  #2

Re: Heart-warming Gesture

That is a really nice gesture remembering Geoff in that way.

Well done.

09/2/2024 11:46 am  #3

It is a supporters club award not members club. Dave Irons proposed it and we all agreed....
The right thing to do.

09/2/2024 4:24 pm  #4

Hello Steve,
For the last 24hours I have been fuming over the “Goal of Season” award by the members club. Thank goodness you clarified the situation.

I knew Geoff over many years watching the Terrors. We always had a lighted and amusing chats on his thoughts on football, especially Tooting.

However, in the early years at Imperial fields, I noticed on a couple of occasions someone with a clipboard, trying to hide by the snack bar, ticking off anyone who entered the main turnstile. At the time I really didn’t think anything of the situation.

At the next match at Imperial Fields, Geoff was not working the turnstile, as usual. Walking to take my place to watch the match, Geoff was leaning against the railings and he informed me he had been sacked as a turnstile operator. He was totally gutted, and to make it worse the club had voided his Isthmian League pass.

Geoff was a genuine guy, and I really don’t think he got over the turnstile debacle, but still continued to attend the games as a loyal supporter

09/2/2024 8:15 pm  #5

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

It is a supporters club award not members club. Dave Irons proposed it and we all agreed....
The right thing to do.

Apologies if I caused any confusion. And Dave, allow me to buy you a beer, f**king great idea mate 

Board footera