“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/2/2024 11:34 am  #1

Farnham away advice

Dulwich / Farnham fan here, just to add to your Supporters Club info.

There is no general parking at the ground. Don't drive down Mead Lane. Most people use the industrial area next door or the Waitrose car park sign posted off the main road through town. (That is pay.)

Decent basic pub food at the William Cobbtt, anyone walking from the station will pass this. The Katsu chicken chips are recommended.

Personal opinion but the best real ale places are Borough Beer House, Hop Blossom and Queen's Head. The Borough Beer House is best for craft beer and is a free house, the other two are Fullers.

Cash or card to get in but some bits are card only once in the ground. The Mystery Food Bar usually opens on Saturdays and is much better than your typical football food. It often sells out in the first half.

If the weather continues being rubbish, check before travel. Farnham hope to open a new covered terrace on Saturday, which should help with a few pinch points. The far end is closed to spectators.

Real ale fans wanting to break the train trip home to celebrate / forget about the match should try the Garden Gate in Aldershot. Surrey Hills Ranmore is usually in excellent nick there. It's only a short walk from the station.

F1 fans might be interested to know Mike Hawthorn is buried in the cemetery just past the ground, going out of town.

If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them. Enjoy your visit, weather permitting. I may see some of you in one of the pubs. I'll ask the dog to leave his Hamlet scarf at home...

Last edited by Roger D (26/2/2024 11:43 am)

26/2/2024 4:38 pm  #2

Re: Farnham away advice

Here's the supporters club away info for Saturday for those who haven't seen it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q558uv_mAUMxVj0ncg_WQS7Bonws1VvRVKTTINRva1E/edit?usp=drivesdk

01/3/2024 7:50 am  #3

Unfortunately the weather out here is truly foul again today. I think a pitch inspection is nailed on and won't be surprised if we end up with a postponement sadly. Please check before travelling.

01/3/2024 12:14 pm  #4

That's a shame Roger as quite a few were hoping to get over there.Thanks for the info BTW....

01/3/2024 12:27 pm  #5

No worries. I moved south in 1991. My first match was Tooting v Dulwich (I lived at Streatham so you were my two local teams.) Tooting won 3-0 so obviously I decided to support Hamlet.

I could easily have been a Tooting fan...

01/3/2024 6:59 pm  #6

Early pitch inspection confirmed. Farnham are not optimistic I'm afraid.

01/3/2024 7:34 pm  #7

Roger D wrote:

Early pitch inspection confirmed. Farnham are not optimistic I'm afraid.

All eyes on the rescheduled date then. Farnham seem to have loads of Tuesday games left and are still in the Surrey Cup so will be difficult to find a date

A couple of us at Tooting are eyeing up Bank Holiday Monday, would love that personally and I'm sure Farnham would like that too

07/3/2024 1:04 pm  #8

Tuesday 26th March. Farnham are in Jersey on 23rd, that'll be a bit of a drier trip than last year now...

One change to the match information originally posted, the supermarket car park is free in the evening.  ** No longer true, see edot below ** Starting at 18.30 I think. Plenty of places to eat and drink within a short walk of the car park, including all named pubs.

Note the Mystery Food Bar at the ground doesn't always open on Tuesday. Farnham usually announce on social media a few hours before kick off if it will be. The standard chips and burger outlet will be open.

Edited to say parking charges were introduced at Waitrose car park after 18.30 on 8/4. If you are happy to walk two minutes more drive past the car park entrance and take the first left into Upper Hart car park. This is still free after 18.30.

Last edited by Roger D (10/4/2024 10:24 am)

24/3/2024 11:27 am  #9

24/3/2024 2:42 pm  #10

Midweek crowds are noticeably smaller than Saturdays but, with this being the first home game since securing the title, I suspect the crowd may be bigger than the match would typically pull. I'd suggest not rocking up to the turnstiles at 19.43.

25/3/2024 10:02 am  #11

Roger D, you don't to  tell any Tooting fans how and what time to  get to  a ground. Why don't you "Rock off"

Last edited by Mikem (25/3/2024 10:02 am)

25/3/2024 12:20 pm  #12

Farnham have tweeted the Mystery Kitchen will be open. Note it usually sells out during the first half.

Enjoy the match if you are going.

25/3/2024 1:11 pm  #13

Mikem wrote:

Roger D, you don't to  tell any Tooting fans how and what time to  get to  a ground. Why don't you "Rock off"

Bit harsh - they guy is trying to do a favour by giving advice.

Last edited by DaveM (25/3/2024 3:13 pm)

25/3/2024 2:11 pm  #14

Mikem wrote:

The guy is quite literally helping out our supporters and offering advice, What a weird comment.

25/3/2024 3:36 pm  #15

Not harsh or weird at all. How many Tooting fans will travel on a Tuesday evening? Also I bet only a handful will be late, most fans from Tooting get their early for drinks etc. His not helping any one, accept himself. Just self promotion! Mind you he may right as I expect thousands of Tooting fans will descend on Farnham as they are having a great season in grassroots football. For Farnham the season is over, they have just returned from Jersey and have nothing to play for!  

25/3/2024 4:29 pm  #16

A another low point on this forum.....

No wonder hardly anyone posts on here now.

25/3/2024 5:04 pm  #17

Mikem wrote:

Not harsh or weird at all. How many Tooting fans will travel on a Tuesday evening? Also I bet only a handful will be late, most fans from Tooting get their early for drinks etc. His not helping any one, accept himself. Just self promotion! Mind you he may right as I expect thousands of Tooting fans will descend on Farnham as they are having a great season in grassroots football. For Farnham the season is over, they have just returned from Jersey and have nothing to play for!  

Personally, I found the information very useful, especially about the parking as I drive and would not know where to park. Thanks RogerD.

25/3/2024 5:51 pm  #18

Mikem wrote:

Remind us all how many away games you've been to this season let alone on a Tuesday night?

Roger D was doing people a solid. Just a shame that somebody stuck a pound in the dickhead....

25/3/2024 5:55 pm  #19

Mikem wrote:

How many Tooting fans will travel on a Tuesday evening?  

I will be, will you?

25/3/2024 7:37 pm  #20

No wonder no one posts on this forum. When it's full of sad individuals that probably have no joy in there own life and probably just want to post random spiteful comments for their own sexual gratification

Last edited by Sol pinnocks left boot (25/3/2024 7:38 pm)

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

25/3/2024 9:20 pm  #21

My postings were mean  to be proactive, and sure enough the bait was taken, and has kept me smiling here with some of the comments. Amazing when the team sunk to the bottom of the ocean into  junior grassroots football, there was not a murmur!!!!!!  After many  years supporting the team I will never go to  Imperial Fields again while still owned by Adkins. So, I assume all of you are going tomorrow, so just rock up early :-) 

25/3/2024 9:53 pm  #22

Mikem wrote:

My postings were mean  to be proactive, and sure enough the bait was taken, and has kept me smiling here with some of the comments. Amazing when the team sunk to the bottom of the ocean into  junior grassroots football, there was not a murmur!!!!!!  After many  years supporting the team I will never go to  Imperial Fields again while still owned by Adkins. So, I assume all of you are going tomorrow, so just rock up early :-) 

Proactive or provocative?

Hopefully Adkins owns the club for a lot longer as it will keep you away.

Keep smiling 😁

26/3/2024 1:02 am  #23

Hi Mike,

You have always been very supportive of me mate and for that I feel very grateful. I know you don't agree with me joining the Members Club . I wanted to show support to the change of direction the Club was going. In not paying senior players double their worth and just playing kids with the hope that we can look good given a few away for free to pro clubs.  Bonkers !

After reading your posts tonight I am wondering by declaring as owner and Administrator of this forum that you are not ever going to Tooting's home stadium while Steve Adkins is in charge sends the forum into the direction that Bolty and I didn't sit it up for. By all means have a moan. But doing what you did tonight will only upset the true fan if you like who has more of a reason to moan ,because they are going to games than me as I haven't been since September or you. Because you haven't and won't go at all. I am fully one Million percent behind Busy (Jamie Byatt). I think with the small budget he has done wonders , keeping his coaching staff who are all volunteers has been remarkable when you consider that we are not in a league position that Jamie wants to be. If you ask Jamie he is too hard working.  His too bloody honest to make a excuse about money. To Busy football is hard work. Work hard and you will get the rewards in the end has always been his way.  Maybe Steve will give Busy more money when the flats are built. That's why I asked in a different post. 

To change a football philosophy and build a new squad on a small budget. I think he has done well. The club seems to me in a good place.  The kids I hear are in a cup semi final. Lots of kids are graduating from our in house academy and schools. 
We play in a crap league but going up too soon without the infrastructure in place to stay there would be a mistake.
The lad who his dad said I can't mention is doing a decent podcast I listen to every week.  It's great to get a feel from them how the matches have been going because I can't go. Not because I won't go.

Sorry I am making this long but after today I am wondering if you want to give the forum to someone else? Someone with a middle of the road view rather than make this forum a hate website against Steve Adkins? If there is nobody who wants to take it on. I am offering to take it back. Maybe the young man who I am not allowed to mention wants to do it? I know he does a lot already but he has my vote.

Please let me know what you want to do Mike. As I say I am ever grateful for you taking the forum on when I wasn't very well before. So thanks again.

Last edited by Gary Walker (26/3/2024 8:29 am)

26/3/2024 6:27 am  #24

The protagonists of this forum should just swap numbers and set up a whatsapp group, because this site is dead.

Honestly, how every thread can descend into some kind of manic denouncement of the club’s owner, or abuse of match-going supporters makes the club as a whole look like a basketcase. It really isn’t. It’s a functioning club with a decent support and recently appalling outcomes on the pitch.

None of what *anyone* says on here matters to anyone involved in the club. You’re all wasting your time and, in doing so, making the club out to be something that it isn’t. Imagine how it looks when someone comes onto the forum for a football club with “here’s where you should get a pint on your visit to our ground” and is met with “don’t tell us what to do”. It’s *excruciating* to think that a few lads- who by their own admission refuse to have anything to do with the football club- might affect how other people view our club.

I remember one of the protagonists of this forum mentioning “embarrassing” social media connected to the club. Read this thread. It’s a cry for help. It’s an irrelevant set of voices, screaming into the void.

Swap numbers and wind it in. Don’t let any more people mistake what’s written here as representative of the football club. You’re causing damage.

26/3/2024 10:30 am  #25

Unfortunately we will still see comments from people that want to stir the pot and like my previous comment get some from of gratification in doing so.

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

Board footera