“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/3/2024 7:55 pm  #1

This Forum

This forum seems really quite.  Why isn't anyone responding or posting?
Have we all given up as a club ? I obviously haven't been to a game since September I think. I said August before but I am sure it was September.
Has everyone just had enough?
Is anyone there?
I see Marcus Whittaker has left will he be missed?
Is everyone excited about tomorrow home game?
Do the fans deserve a higher budget so we can attract 4 or five seasoned isthmian players after last season?

Last edited by Gary Walker (22/3/2024 7:57 pm)

23/3/2024 9:49 am  #2

Re: This Forum

Gary Walker wrote:

This forum seems really quite.  Why isn't anyone responding or posting?
Have we all given up as a club ? I obviously haven't been to a game since September I think. I said August before but I am sure it was September.
Has everyone just had enough?
Is anyone there?
I see Marcus Whittaker has left will he be missed?
Is everyone excited about tomorrow home game?
Do the fans deserve a higher budget so we can attract 4 or five seasoned isthmian players after last season?

Hello Gary, yes I agree since we finished in the Isthmian the forum is very quiet, for me I only rarely get to games so don’t have much to report - but I do drop in.  I think the Google info sheets Anthony posts for away matches are a great idea and can see the effort that goes into the podcasts too. 

I did however manage to get to ‘The Spelly’ last week but couldn’t hang around as long as I wanted - a domestic situation meant I had to leave straight after the game.  There were a few people about thought, several old faces and to be fair I enjoyed the day out.  Tell you something, they’ve got an excellent clubhouse.  I could have quite happily stayed on there for a bit.  Hopefully a chance for another one soon, I’ll have to keep an eye out……

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

23/3/2024 10:10 am  #3

After last seasons relegation I am sure that a lot of the supporters thought that this would be a wake up call to those running the club: an instant response to get Tooting back up into the Isthmian ranks.  This did not happen, and instead of battling for the top spot we are living the comfortable life of mid-table mediocrity.

I stated at the end of last season that if we didn’t get promoted this season we could be down here for a long time.

23/3/2024 2:10 pm  #4

Totally agree with evthedog. 

24/3/2024 2:33 am  #5

Thanks for your replies you three.
Did you watch the Antinio video with Steve and Jackie and Super Jamie Byatt ?
What did you think of that?
Click below if you haven't seen it.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/3937124

Last edited by Gary Walker (24/3/2024 2:39 am)

24/3/2024 5:32 am  #6

The potential of one day, Michail  Antonio progressing into the voyage of training/management plus plus, let’s say starting with Toots offers a glimmer of hope and excitement. Guess we can dream on !

24/3/2024 7:37 am  #7

Gary Walker wrote:

Thanks for your replies you three.
Did you watch the Antinio video with Steve and Jackie and Super Jamie Byatt ?
What did you think of that?
Click below if you haven't seen it.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/3937124

In the season that the magnificent Michail played for us we finished 9th in the Isthmian Premier division.  Today we are 12th in the Combined Counties Premier South.

And that says everything about this club.

Board footera