“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/3/2024 9:51 am  #1

Alton Away - Travel Info

Supporters club travel info for Saturdays away game at Alton FC

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ztcK9AsM6ffVfEeEvAma2dvEJlkVh91NyXfpHpSrp7s/edit?usp=drivesdk

29/3/2024 2:51 pm  #2

Re: Alton Away - Travel Info

A bit more self promotion...

Best craft beer venues : Cassidy's and Ten Ton Tap (town centre so probably best post match. The latter is now a brew pub. Both also decent for real ale.)

Best real ale pub : Eight Bells (check opening times) and Railway Arms. Opposite the station, this is popular with Alton FC bods.

It's a decent ground, not as good as yours, and a decent bar. Lovely town too. Dog friendly, as are all the pubs. If you bring a dog, Alton Water Meadows s a good place for a walk. Enjoy your trip. Farnham are at dog unfriendly Abbey Rangers so I may even bring one of my dogs along for a day out, football and beers. Alton is a regular destination over the summer.

Edited to say car park can get busy if Alton RUFC are at home. They are quite happy for you to pop in for a pint if you fancy watching a bit of rugby before the football kicks off. They don't have floodlights so kick off earlier.

Real ale fans going by train wanting to celebrate / forget are recommended to try the Garden Gate in Aldershot on the way home. Five minutes walk from the station.

Last edited by Roger D (29/3/2024 3:04 pm)

29/3/2024 5:38 pm  #3

Re: Alton Away - Travel Info

I can't make the game but great info from both of you

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

Board footera