“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/4/2013 12:20 pm  #1

Manager comparison for this season

(League games only)
Forzoni 7 games won 2 drew 0 lost 5 win rate 28.5%
Martin 21 games won 7 drew 4 lost 10 win rate 33.3%
Simpson 13 games won 2 drew 5 lost 6 win rate 15.3%

I know it doesn't tell the whole story, as different managers had different budgets etc, but I felt that Jamie's teams were generally more organised and competitive.

24/4/2013 1:09 pm  #2

Re: Manager comparison for this season

I know Simpson wants to stay as manager but NO WINS in the last 12 games nearly equals last years catastrophic run in and this team has been playing together longer. We need a new manager and a new set of players for next season being put in place as soon as possible. Saying that I will be there saturday still supporting the boys in the last game of the season.

25/4/2013 11:40 am  #3

Hi Bolty,

I can't disagree with your comments and the club has been placed in a no win situation, and everyone is aware of the predicament the club now faces both for survival in the short and long term.

Your suggestion the club should be given to the Fans what does this entail? There are so many obstacles to crossed on the Football side alone, and Imperial Fields is going to  remain in the hands of the owner until he decides to  sell.

What are your suggestions to  take the club forward, firstly to  have a team playing next year and how this will be funded, plus your views on the long term plans and structure not only to  maintain the team but also develop to the standard where it used to  be. The club is basically 125 years old and has  been a local and respected community club, built and paid for by local people, and now finds itself on the verge of extinction,, how will it survive the next 125years or even the next 5 years???

Some pratical comments would be most welcome.

25/4/2013 12:20 pm  #4

Mike - Good points.  I think most of us would like the club in the fans' control, but the key problem is the budget.  How can the members club/supporters raise large chunks of money.

Whether you play at Imperial Fields, groundshare with someone else or play on Figges Marsh, you still need to raise money.  And not just for the playing budget.  In our division, I am under the impression that the playing budgets range from a little bit of pocket money right up to 2.5k-3k a week.  So to be competitive, you would have to think that £1000 a week playing budget should be a minimum requirement.  I don't have any idea of any other running costs.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas for raising 10s of thousands of pounds every year.

25/4/2013 4:13 pm  #5

Will a new company be incorporated to run the football next season?

Board footera