“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2016 5:10 pm  #1

Walton and Hersham

I don't think anyone would miss going to their awful ground but I am rather sorry to see them in relegation trouble. Historically their record is closer to that of T and M than any other club. We played together in the Athenian League from 1950-51 and had an epic 3 match Amateur Cup quarter final clash in 1952-53. Like us their finest hours were in the 1970s when they won the Amateur Cup and had a memorable 4-0 away success against Brian Clough's Brighton and Hove Albion. They never fully recovered from Wimbledon stealing their manager and best players. Like us they have had many years of mixed fortunes up and down the Ryman leagues without major success and we now find ourselves both in the wrong half of Division ! South. 

02/4/2016 8:32 am  #2

Re: Walton and Hersham

If you look on there forum, you will see just what they think of Mark hams and it seems they blame him for what will be relegation having taken on the team in mid-table and left them third from bottom and hoping on a reprieve through Farnborough being demoted two divisions. 

02/4/2016 12:19 pm  #3

Re: Walton and Hersham

It looks to me as if most of the ire is directed at the owner, Alan Smith I think. It's another case where a single person has gained control of the club and managed to alienate large sections of the rank and file supporters.

Board footera