“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/7/2016 8:33 am  #1

Kingstonian friendly cancelled

According to the K's website.

19/7/2016 12:29 pm  #2

Re: Kingstonian friendly cancelled

Is that because the Robins beat them last Saturday and they do not want the embarrassment of two defeats pre season. 

19/7/2016 2:11 pm  #3

According to their Forum, we cancelled the game because we were scared of them. On the Kingstonian FC website it just says cancelled, no reason given

19/7/2016 4:00 pm  #4

They are now saying we cancelled due to the pitch not being ready sounds plausible to me, got to get it right!.

19/7/2016 4:50 pm  #5

From The Kingstonian Website this morning:-Unfortunately, the pitch at Imperial Fields will not be ready in time for the match scheduled for Saturday 23rd July, so the game has been cancelled.After Wednesday's game at home to Sutton United, Kingstonian's next game will be away to South Park, kick-off 7.45pm on Tuesday 26th July.

I  thought this match was scheduled for the 3G pitch.? Updated 09:02 - 19 Jul 2016 by Kingstonian FC

19/7/2016 5:21 pm  #6

You are correct Mikem

19/7/2016 6:28 pm  #7

So the all singing, all dancing, all   weather 3G pitch was not ready. Unbelievable as any maintenance on these pitches are scheduled well in advance. Or were Kingstonian expecting to  play on the main pitch?  Either way, another complete shambles. Most of the clubs at this level are well into  their pre-season friendlies, is there any proper organisation at this so called "Football Club".

Those taking the Pee out of the K's on here, should take a look at what's left of their own club.

19/7/2016 8:24 pm  #8

Mikem, why do you always look for a negative concerning our club, if you checked the facts, they are that "K`s" cancelled not because our 3g pitch was "not ready" which is not the case, but because they wanted to play on our main pitch.
One day you will surprise us all and say something positive about Tooting.
So nobody is taking the Pee, just dealing in fact`s.

19/7/2016 8:52 pm  #9

Mikem, you're barking up the wrong tree. The 3G pitches are fine and in full use. The game was scheduled to be played on the 3G as arranged with them back in May however they subsequently asked if we could switch it to grass. We declined as we already had 3 fixtures arranged on the grass and they then advised us last week that they weren't prepared to play the game on 3G. I suppose it looks better for them in the eyes of their own supporters if they blame it on our pitch not being ready rather than admitting they withdrew from the fixture because we wouldn't switch it to grass

20/7/2016 8:19 am  #10

Tim Marcus wrote:

Mikem, you're barking

A little bit harsh Tim. Perhaps a sponge finger short of the full trifle but I wouldn't go so far as to say barking. 

20/7/2016 4:27 pm  #11

The pitch IS ready, always has been - it's just that THEIR choice of pitch isn't !  
Tough, let 'em go away and play somewhere else then !
Last time we played them in a pre-season "friendly" one of their thugs - oops, sorry, defenders - kicked Max Noble so far up in the air he never played again properly for the rest of the season.
Good riddance. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/7/2016 10:08 pm  #12

So pre-arranged pre-season fixtures take precedent over the Club's First team... hmmmm ...interesting... ...must be a money thing...

Board footera