“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/9/2016 7:00 pm  #1

Guernsey Tuesday Night

Guernsey will have a 17 year old debutant in goal tomorrow night and only have 14 players at their disposal. Although Ross Allen does travel.

20/9/2016 7:57 am  #2

Re: Guernsey Tuesday Night

Wolfie Smith wrote:

Guernsey will have a 17 year old debutant in goal tomorrow night

His balls probably haven't dropped yet. Having said that, let's hope he drops a load of balls tonight, preferably at the feet of our strikers.

20/9/2016 8:25 am  #3

Turns out that he's their 9th keeper of the season***.  At the other end of the scale, it will also be Ross Allen's 200th game.  He will be hoping to add to the 221 goals that he's scored in the previous 199.

*** Edit: Not their 9th of the season.  Just their 9th.  Doh! ***

Last edited by endofthelane (20/9/2016 8:56 am)

20/9/2016 10:18 am  #4

Could be an interesting game. Let's hope the keeper has a mare and we don't hit the crossbar again........

20/9/2016 9:17 pm  #5

Their keeper had a good game and we hit the bar again..... 2 points dropped tonight but we're still top.

20/9/2016 9:33 pm  #6

Wasn't there tonight, but was following it on live scores at work. Despite still being top, we do seem to have trouble closing games out. Its never easy supporting Tooting!!!

20/9/2016 9:39 pm  #7

Well I guess we can only hope that the players learn from that. It doesn't matter how much possession we have, if we don't put the ball in the net more than the opposition we won't win. Two points dropped. But at the moment it feels like a loss.

21/9/2016 8:09 am  #8

If the powers that be had said at the start of the season that we'd win 6 and draw 3 of our first 9 league games we'd all have been delighted, but when you squander a 2 goal lead against a team in the bottom 3 that hasn't won an away league point for a hundred years and whose goalie isn't old enough to vote and who had travelled half-way round the world to get here, it feels like a kick in the teeth. I'll console myself with a nice cup of PG Tips.

21/9/2016 1:21 pm  #9

Definitely two points dropped which is a shame. But looking on the bridge side to be 8-9 league games in and unbeaten (with a majority of those wins) definitely shows that we are competitive and early form shows our intent. 

If i'm not mistaken both goals came from set pieces that we gave away unnecessarily. We seem to struggle defending set pieces. Our defending in open play seems somewhat better (but not great!). 

Another great goal from Billy Dunn who is having a huge impact on this team. 

One last mention for Eddie Dines who played as deep lying midfielder. I thought he was outstanding and seems a natural and able replacement for Robbo. In fact at points i thought i was watching Robbo with Dines' tenacious tackling, simple distribution and workload! Well done to him. 

What's a real shame is that whilst 6 out of 9 is a great start, in my honest opinion it should be 8 out of 9 as I think we were marginally better than corinthian casuals and spilled a 2 goal lead there, and we were much better than Guernsey and spilled a 2 goal lead also. 

Onwards and upwards but need to get tighter at the back, we are so slick going forward but could also do with finishing a few more chances off. 

21/9/2016 3:52 pm  #10

I have calmed down a bit after last night now. Others have helpfully put it into perspective. We are indeed so much better of than last season. And all our games so far have been great entertainment. Hopefully a few more supporters will come through the turnstiles.

I should add too what a great read last night's programme was. Bog End Tim's column was particularly good. More please.

21/9/2016 4:07 pm  #11

If you want to put it in a bit more perspective, Casuals, who were 2nd after the weekend also lost a 2 goal lead against E Grinstead, who are below Guernsey.

21/9/2016 4:29 pm  #12

My self imposed exile will continue ( Well until we lose). I am now convinced that I am the jinx.
May the unbeaten run continue. Yesterday's score was disappointing, but look how much better the table looks compared to the same time the last four years.

Board footera