“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/2/2017 9:20 pm  #1

Sittingbourne Game/Weather Conditions

Though I've seen nothing else to say otherwise, it's currently snowing in East London and it's reported to be around freezing point all night and only around 1 degree C well into the morning.

Hoping all is well for tomorrow - the only pitch inspection I had read of was at Godalming and that one displays 'match on'.  It feels colder than previous weeks.........

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

10/2/2017 11:18 pm  #2

Re: Sittingbourne Game/Weather Conditions

Plumpton wrote:

Though I've seen nothing else to say otherwise, it's currently snowing in East London and it's reported to be around freezing point all night and only around 1 degree C well into the morning.

Hoping all is well for tomorrow - the only pitch inspection I had read of was at Godalming and that one displays 'match on'.  It feels colder than previous weeks.........

Plus just spotted Tramlink isn't working between Wimbledon & Mitcham tomorrow - don't know how many come in on that but thought I'd mention.....

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

11/2/2017 12:29 am  #3

Good tip re the trams Trumpo.
Sadly this work is scheduled to run all week.

11/2/2017 12:45 am  #4

Bondy wrote:

Good tip re the trams Trumpo.
Sadly this work is scheduled to run all week.

Ah......I see Mr. Bond.  I only saw it when I put TfL into my phone to check tomorrow, didn't realise it was a longer shutdown - looks like I'll go via the Northern line and Fretters......

Only spotting one pitch inspection to take place in the morning, and that's in the premier division, BBC weather (yes, I know) reporting more inner London areas at 1 deg at the minute and outlying ones at 0.  Will be checking back first thing in the morning.

Trumpo....hmmmm, I've taken on the stars and stripes  

11/2/2017 10:23 am  #5

You will see me as you go through the station Plumpy dear boy.

Will be missing kick off as I don't finish till 3.00

11/2/2017 10:25 am  #6

If you continue to turn up at more games other than LSC games, we may have to consider stop calling you LSC Alex!!!

11/2/2017 1:28 pm  #7

fretters wrote:

If you continue to turn up at more games other than LSC games, we may have to consider stop calling you LSC Alex!!!

At this rate you'll get there before me.  A few domestic disasters have slowed me down - near Becontree at the minute......engineering works on the trains I wanted to use.  Let's see if I can do Becontree to West Ham (District), West Ham to London Bridge (Jubilee), London Bridge to Morden (Northern) and get to Imperial Fields in 1.5 hours : o

So far the only recent game was that SSC game, no league......I think I can retain my title a bit longer.  Mind you, nobody will be doing much of the LSC seeing as we've got to wait until after 21st March to see what we are doing in the next bit : ((

11/2/2017 5:31 pm  #8

We won 2-0. Goals from Mike Dixon and Jordan Wilson (pen). MOTM was Claudio Hoban who was unplayable at times. A very disciplined performance all round. Well done to both teams for putting on such an entertaining match in slippery muddy cold conditions.

11/2/2017 7:56 pm  #9

Unfortunately couldn't make the game but a good win

Sometimes reinvention is better then giving up

12/2/2017 8:36 am  #10

A satisfactory afternoons work by the lads today. Thought the two wingers, Clements and Hoban were excellent. Bit of a blow when Charlie limped off early in the second half, but McLaren came on and looked assured. Good to see Billy back and he looked sharp when he came on for the the last 15 minutes or so. Dixon really looks the real deal in my opinion. Terrific strength shown by him to outmuscle two big centre halves to score the first goal. Couldn't really fault anyone again. A solid all round team performance.

Next up, a big test down at Lewes, for me and many of the bog end choir, one of the best away trips. Couldn't ask for a better away trip for my birthday game.

12/2/2017 10:49 am  #11

Some excellent movement and passing on what must have been a difficult surface. Great result , well done to the whole team and supporters.

12/2/2017 11:16 am  #12

We produced our best football for a while yesterday. For once Kyle Merson was not called upon too often to keep us in the game and the return of Quincy Rowe made us more solid at the back. I like Clement down the right hand side, if his shooting can be improved he could add a few goals to his game as well.  Hoban is consistantly good and usually draws several defenders to him, he just spoils his good work by taking on too many players and not releasing the ball. MacLaren looks an excellent addition to the squad, you can tell he's played at a higher level and looks to be an onfield organiser as well. If he can avoid the attention of referees he could prove to be one of the more influential signings of the season.

12/2/2017 5:30 pm  #13

Yes - had a good time yesterday and was treated to some extremely fast footed handywork, particularly noticeable from the Bishopsford Road end.  I was a little disappointed that Dorking got one over on Faversham and was told off in the 'Bishop' because of it "no Alex......don't concentrate on that - concentrate on what we're doing here today" - which I do get, but I liked the sound of TMU 74 points, DW 66 points.  Currently the top of table is tight with only four points between third and seventh place.  Ahhhh well, like I say it was a good afternoon out anyhow at Imperial Fields yesterday.

Enjoyed seeing the faces, especially in some cases after quite a while.  Thanks to DeePee for introducing me to Ian Bullock and having a good chat, and to Geoff Gatt for bringing in the celebrity team feature from a 1981 programme - have to mention Geoff, sincere apologies I wasn't in the bar for as long as anticipated, domestic issues meant I had to go a bit earlier than expected.........however hopefully next time I'll have more time to play with and have a really decent catch up.

Wishing you all well for Lewes - working late that day so that won't be a go-er.  Where's there a handy Tuesday night game when you need one?   

Last edited by Plumpton (12/2/2017 5:31 pm)

12/2/2017 11:25 pm  #14

13/2/2017 11:28 pm  #15

Hello. I am new to this Forum and new to watching TMUFC, have just attended last 3 (home) games - and what great games !! I am encouraging my sons friends, and their dads, to come along - more people should be watching and supporting this team.... 

14/2/2017 12:19 am  #16

Brendan wrote:

Hello. I am new to this Forum and new to watching TMUFC, have just attended last 3 (home) games - and what great games !! I am encouraging my sons friends, and their dads, to come along - more people should be watching and supporting this team.... 

Welcome Brendan, thank you for coming along and glad you are enjoying TMUFC - you've joined us at a very exciting and gripping time, hasn't always been like this over recent years , please do encourage all you can, Tooting & Mitcham is a very friendly club with a lot of dedicated supporters.  I have made some very good friends there and mainly keep in the loop on the forum now (shiftwork and living the other side of London these days aren't helpful).  I only have interest in non league and no nothing of more mainstream football, the way I see it, is to watch Chelsea, or Man United or what-have-you, you can turn on the TV......but for something like T&M you have to GO to see it , and it's so much more than the game itself, it's the people you meet too.  I'm gutted I can't go as much as I would want 

Last edited by Plumpton (14/2/2017 12:19 am)

14/2/2017 10:00 am  #17

Hi! Brendan, just wish to repeat the sentiments offered by Plumpton.
I can guarantee that the whole experience of following a lower league club far surpasses that of a Premier.
Where could you meet in the club bar or on the terraces an opposition supporter, and instead of feeling intimidated, have a pleasant conversation.
Likewise you will find us supporters a friendly bunch and always pleased to welcome new support to what I call, real football.

14/2/2017 11:40 am  #18

alanj wrote:

Where could you meet in the club bar or on the terraces an opposition supporter, and instead of feeling intimidated, have a pleasant conversation.

Apart from the odd occasion when we play away to Tilbury.

14/2/2017 11:30 pm  #19

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Apart from the odd occasion when we play away to Tilbury.

The main word there being 'odd'.  Tilbury is a very desolate place, never been to the ground but certainly been to the town........Googled the ground and got faced with one of the strangest and nasty looking stands I think I've ever seen........

The atmosphere connected with the place would make me think the fans wouldn't be your run-of-the-mill non league squire........

Board footera