“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/2/2017 10:55 pm  #1

Spring Clean

Facebook link restored.

Match report forums deleted.

Club Shop Forum cleaned and reinstated.

Users with ZERO posts purged.

18/2/2017 10:05 am  #2

Re: Spring Clean

My monitor still requires dusting

18/2/2017 10:50 am  #3

...or your dusters need monitoring?...

18/2/2017 9:07 pm  #4

I never thought of that!

20/2/2017 3:34 pm  #5

22/2/2017 2:44 pm  #6

Dear Mr Administrator,
Whilst the heading images and text for the Forum pages are interesting can you please do something about lessening the effect they have on page space  

Whenever I come on the Forum virtually the whole of monitor space is taken up by the heading s and I have to scroll down a fair bit before I can actually get to the Forum topics !  

...........and of course it's even worse on a tablet or 'phone.

Hoping you can help - Ta  

p.s. I have a pretty large monitor with a very high resolution so I can only imagine the impact the headings have on smaller monitors ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

22/2/2017 5:20 pm  #7

DeePee wrote:

Dear Mr Administrator,
Whilst the heading images and text for the Forum pages are interesting can you please do something about lessening the effect they have on page space  

Whenever I come on the Forum virtually the whole of monitor space is taken up by the heading s and I have to scroll down a fair bit before I can actually get to the Forum topics !  

Hoping you can help - Ta  

p.s. I have a pretty large monitor with a very high resolution so I can only imagine the impact the headings have on smaller monitors ! 

Yes, I had noticed this too and was wondering if it was only a short term thing.  I have to admit I had got used to the way things were on the forum, the text boxes on threads being in grey doesn't seem as clear as the way it was before.

Apart from that though, good work, glad the club shop thread has been cleared out and the links to the tables are handy   

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

27/3/2017 2:33 pm  #8

I repeat my plea for a clean up of the headings for our Forum pretty please Sir :--

Dear Mr Administrator,

Hoping you can help - Ta  

27/3/2017 5:06 pm  #9

Hiya Deepee, I haven't had any problems with an issue of this kind before. However, having looked into it, nothing has changed with regards the settings to the site. I have tested it on an iPad Air 2 and a laptop without any problems. I can only suggest try having a look at the Screen Size Setting or the Accessibility Settings on your monitor - neither suggests changing the resolution on the monitor. As for the mobile phone issue - MobileWeb is a totally different internet to the normal PC web as we know it. On your phone there is a setting on the top far right of the screen which when pressed gives you the option to use a setting called: 'Request PC Version' - this will automatically change the phone settings to the normal PC Web Based Internet view. Make the address on your monitor: www.tmufc.boardhost,com if it isn;t already which MAY rectify your monitor problem. Good luck!!!

27/3/2017 5:15 pm  #10

Brightened the grey up a bit... but monitor settings I can't adjust for you... 

27/3/2017 5:34 pm  #11

But..................it isn't a monitor problem or a problem with thegrey it's just that all the paraphernalia of text, pics, repeated badges, Ryman logo, Facebook "like" etc take up sooooooooooooooo much screen room that it takes an age to just scroll down to the forum stuff itself.  

Many thanks for looking in to this all though. 

28/3/2017 9:01 am  #12

My personal feelings are to keep the title as it is, and for me the size of the heading is not a problem, but if some people do find it intrusive perhaps the top badge area could be adjusted by removing the second line completely combined with the badge, as there is already one in the top line, then just condense the remaining photos into the top line.

28/3/2017 10:58 am  #13

Agree with Alan - this is NOT a speed thing or related to the size of my screen or its resolution (or phones, pads etc) its just that there's far too much stuff in the heading. So as Alan suggests - let's just get down to a single line for the heading and keep one badge - the rest of it is superfluous.

28/3/2017 11:03 am  #14

I don't seem to have any problem at all on PC or my Twitter machine.

28/3/2017 2:06 pm  #15

I think it should stay as it is.

That long scroll down with his index finger is probably the nearest thing to physical exercise DeePee gets these days "Puff, pant, cough, wheeze"

29/3/2017 12:25 am  #16

Yes - agree Bogend Tooting is the way to go......don't change the name.  Brings to the masses a bit of Tooting culture what what.

Many thanks Admin on the grey, you are a good man 

Exercising with the finger, Boggs you are awful.  Such a naughty, naughty man 

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

Board footera