“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2017 4:07 pm  #1

T&M 2 South Park 0

Hardly a classic, but another important win. Dixon and sub Mazzone with second half goals. A scrappy match which never really flowed. Lots of niggly fouls. Too many T&M bookings for questioning the inconsistent refereeing. We need to cut that out as we don't need suspensions at this crucial stage of the season.

Last edited by Tartan Terror (01/4/2017 6:35 pm)

01/4/2017 7:39 pm  #2

Re: T&M 2 South Park 0

Better in the second half than the first, sensed some frustration on the pitch when the goal didn't come, a deserved win though in the end.
The pitch is quite hard and bouncy now which doesn't help (not criticizing it has been really good all season).Good to see so many people, hope some come again, good initiative.

01/4/2017 10:15 pm  #3

I think we are feeling the pressure.  We're trying to play our expansive game but I'm sensing a sort of tightness in our play. However we stuck to our plan and got the result.

We have a strong squad but maybe the 1st XI needs freshening up.  Maybe get Cunningham in the starting line up, and maybe get Robinson back in at right back to allow Wilson back into midfield.

02/4/2017 2:43 am  #4

Secured the three point cushion at the top of the Ryman South. Thought the team worked hard. Job done.

02/4/2017 8:51 am  #5

We were as flat as a pancake in the first half, maybe the nerves had an effect.
Cunningham would have given us the energy we were lacking in the early part of the game, he must be getting frustrated with his lack of game time.
South Park didn't give us too many problems, apart from a couple of free kicks in dangerous areas, Merson had a pretty quiet afternoon.
A 600 plus crowd ? Didn't look it to me but well done to Mr Atkins for trying something different, hopefully some of the new faces will come back.

02/4/2017 1:08 pm  #6

Yes - with Dines, Alimi and Wedgeworth all presumably available for next Saturday it means that three good players aren't even going to make the match day squad. I suppose that Bennett and Callum Wilson will miss out but that still leaves a first team regular who will be missing out.

02/4/2017 5:47 pm  #7

I think you will find that Bash is still unable to be considered as the league stipulates the required time out for an head injury.

02/4/2017 7:41 pm  #8

Bit of a scrappy match.Some nerves on show.The thing at this stage is the 3 points.I think on Thursday Frank must make some changes.Mazz and Wedgeworth at least must play.Theres not much time to recover after Thursday.Bit worried about only one goalkeeper.Maybe give Chace a rest.I know we want to keep our cup,but we must think of the league.We are so close!!!

02/4/2017 9:11 pm  #9

03/4/2017 11:20 am  #10

"Just also wanted to say what a fantastic programme was produced for the game. Really enjoyed reading it."

Thank you kind Sir - much appreciated.

"I know we want to keep our cup,but we must think of the league.We are so close!!!"

Agreed 100% - I've always said, leave the first team squad at training - take the U21's to Dulwits !!! The League should be our number 1 priority. Don't need the Dullards kicking our first team boys up in the air just for the fun of it !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/4/2017 12:25 pm  #11

"take the U21's to Dulwits !!! The League should be our number 1 priority. Don't need the Dullards kicking our first team boys up in the air just for the fun of it !"

May be give Robinson, Bennett, Wedgeworth (If not cup tied) a game to get them match fit. May be Billy Dunn in the hope he finds some form?. But would not risk any of the others at this stage.

03/4/2017 6:16 pm  #12

I think BIlly is cup tied as he played for Greenwich.

03/4/2017 6:30 pm  #13

I would willingly sacrifice this game to improve our chances in the title run in.

Success in a minor cup in an otherwise mediocre season is one thing, but taking unnecessary risks when we have a good chance of winning the league is completely different.

I wouldn't play any of our main men for Thursdays game. Merson, both centre backs, O'Neil and Dixon are too vital to us and to lose any of them at this stage would hurt us.

A bit of bragging from Dulwich would be a small price to pay if we go on to be League Champions.

Board footera