“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/4/2017 4:14 pm  #1

TMUFC 1-0 CAFC

For those who haven't heard, Imperial Fields is a very happy place right now!!!!!

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

17/4/2017 4:56 pm  #2

Re: TMUFC 1-0 CAFC

I feel exhausted just watching it, but what a goal, what a sub and what celebrations. The ref was dodgey, but a very satisfying game. Please don't lose 5-0 and we have done it.

17/4/2017 4:58 pm  #3

We won with a Jordan Wilson header in the 84th minute. His first touch after coming on as a sub. Pure relief.

17/4/2017 5:18 pm  #4

What great management. Introduced Jordan towards the end of the game and he popped up to win.

I thought wedgie, kevin, Quincy, mike all outstanding but for me Chace O'Neill was once again the difference.

Congratulations to the entire squad and management.

We'll go to dorking full of confidence and I expect us to play for another win.

17/4/2017 6:23 pm  #5

Well done to the whole squad today.They looked strong all over and deserved the win.I think we just about controlled the game,but Carshalton looked dangerous on the break.A good move to bring Sandy into the team.I thought he did really well.He works very hard.Im totally grey anyway so can't be any worse.A very tense game.Lets enjoy the Dorking game.Please don't get Merson sent off in first minute to make it interesting.Well done Frank and Paul.Great management all season.
Clive

17/4/2017 6:52 pm  #6

Routemaster, Unless I have got this totally wrong, The Terrors have a 9 goal better goal difference than Dorking, and a superior goals for this season, and I think the Terrors would have to  lose by 10 goals next Saturday?

17/4/2017 6:59 pm  #7

5 goals, because its against DWFC

17/4/2017 7:09 pm  #8

Absolutely Mikem, surely we would have to lose by ten goals and not five as was previously suggested but if we play with the intensity that we did against Carshalton I'm convinced we'll win anyway and of course, with this win today we have beaten every team in this league at least once - happy days!

17/4/2017 7:36 pm  #9

Given the importance of the game what a way to get the three points against Carshalton . Very well done to the whole squad and hope we can totally finish on a high as CHAMPIONS against Dorking with a full blooded win !!!

17/4/2017 8:05 pm  #10

Lots have made this incorrect assumption, and it's an easy mistake to make. The correct answer is of course the 5-0 answer.

I think lots have assumed it's done and dusted when they think of a 9-0 result etc, but of course with 5-0 it's a different story.

I still would confidently say we've won the league all but officially, as we just are not going to get drubbed 5-0, but it still means we have to show up and put in a performance, and I've no doubt we'll do that.

I thought the robins looked good in the opening exchanges, but we slowly took charge and became dominant without looking altogether too threatening often enough. Mind you we did hit the post (Sandy?) and started to crank up the pressure. Mike was such a nuisance to their back line with his strength. The two central midfielders were immense, the two centre backs were strong (with Quincy as standout for me) and Mers made some good saves, catches and kicks when he had to. What a spine of a team.

17/4/2017 8:12 pm  #11

Absolutely the right decision to bring back in Dan and give Sandy a starting position.
They played with huge energy and harassed the Robins back line.

Fully agree with the comments above about the spine of our team.
Quincy was awesome, Kevin yet again a formidable tiger in the middle with Chace frequently nipping in to nick the ball away and set us clear. And the pace of Mike worried them all game.

But all the back line were again really solid, which is why I am confident we will do what is needed next weekend. Dorking will need to press for the 5 clear goals they need which will simply leave them open to a quick break. And every goal we score adds a nail to their promotion coffin.

Yet again the power of our bench, whoever is on it, comes up trumps.
So happy (and relieved)

17/4/2017 8:24 pm  #12

Still a bit confused on the goal difference thing, 5 or 10?
On the game, we fully deserved the 3 points, Carshalton were pretty disappointing compared to the side that gave us a real test on Boxing Day.

Giving Sandy Cunningham a start gave us an energy from the kick off that put their back four under pressure and forced them into mistakes, we looked more confident and far more likely to score in the first half.

The second half looked more even, but I thought we still looked the more dangerous, As time went on it looked like it was going to be goalless, but a late substitution bringing Wilson on proved a master stroke, scoring with a far post header barely 20 seconds after coming on.

Our best performance for a long while, just in time.   See you next week.

17/4/2017 8:37 pm  #13

More from Jeff Frost Productions.

https://youtu.be/tVSD4Bg79fE

17/4/2017 8:45 pm  #14

Could not agree more regarding the players and the management, but one more important cog in the wheel that we all seem to be forgetting is our chairman, Steve Adkins, as without his support this season, financially, we would not have had the strength in our squad to make this marvellous achievement possible
So when we are celebrating next Saturday, as I can not see why we will not be,  why not go up to him and let him know how much we appreciate it.

17/4/2017 9:30 pm  #15

DAC your absolutely right, thanks for correcting me, and Routemaster an apology from me. At least I will not be going to Dorking thinking we have a 10 goal comfort zone.

18/4/2017 6:50 am  #16

So do Dorking go for it and try and get enough goals to win outright promotion, probably failing (hopefully), or do they save themselves for the play-offs and stand more of a chance getting promotion that way?
Very interesting!

18/4/2017 7:58 am  #17

You would imagine that with the target being a 5-0 win that Dorking would at least have a go at some point but that would surely play in to our hands by leaving spaces at the back for the boys to exploit.

The first twenty minutes will be interesting for sure!!

Although there is still some nerves if the boys play anything like they did yesterday (and we get a ref that has some sort of clue as to what he is doing) then we will be absolutely fine!!

The ideal scenario will be for us to get an early goal and kill the game off as quick as we can.  

18/4/2017 8:58 am  #18

Part of me was well pleased with the Easter holiday results!  I know we didn't seal the title, but as I was away for the weekend, I now get the chance to see us win it!

If you were the manager, would you have Matte Pierson on the bench for this game?  Just in case!

18/4/2017 12:57 pm  #19

"would you have Matte Pierson on the bench for this game?"

Oh yes indeed!

Doomsday scenario. Dorking win and we both end up on equal goal difference  - who wins the league???

Last edited by DeePee (18/4/2017 12:57 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

18/4/2017 12:59 pm  #20

It would go down to "goals scored" but as the goal difference is currently +9, it is impossible for it to end level this season unless Dorking nick half a goal late on.

18/4/2017 1:04 pm  #21

GregB wrote:

So do Dorking go for it and try and get enough goals to win outright promotion, probably failing (hopefully), or do they save themselves for the play-offs and stand more of a chance getting promotion that way?
Very interesting!

Hi Greg
Of course Dorking will go for it, what have they got to lose, in fact they have nothing. My thoughts are to go out blazing!
​If they do, that does open up the chance of us knocking in a early goal which would change things entirely. We must be on our guard right from the very start. If its even at half time, then they might look towards Tuesday night game against Hastings.

18/4/2017 4:05 pm  #22

18/4/2017 4:09 pm  #23

18/4/2017 4:11 pm  #24

A nailed on penalty that the plank of a Ref didn't see or give or ..............
https://thegrassrootstourist.wordpress.com/2017/04/17/tooting-mitcham-united-fc/#jp-carousel-520 

19/4/2017 12:20 pm  #25

The evidence is incontrovertible M'lud, send them down.

Board footera