“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/5/2017 12:48 pm  #1

Next season pitch

As many on here may be aware there was a mention about a 3g pitch that may be layed at imperial fields. Now I may be jumping the gun but with the grounds man now leaving do you feel this could be in place for next season and be completed over this summer, like many other non league teams have done. Whatever the situation the pitch done well over the season but looking at it on Sunday will defentley need to be re-layed one way or another ahead of the new season.

09/5/2017 1:00 pm  #2

Re: Next season pitch

I overheard part of a conversation between a member of T&M officialdom and a punter on Sunday, the impression I got was that the pitch will be reseeded and spruced up over the summer.

Can you grow astroturf ? 

09/5/2017 2:29 pm  #3

Thanks for information maybe the club will employ a new grounds man then. Only reason I thought 3g would be laid is because we already have couple and looking at the success it must add revenue for the club although I'd much prefer a proper grass pitch.

09/5/2017 4:41 pm  #4

Bryan will be missed we like to get the ball on the deck and play some football, the pitch was one of the best in league allowed us to do so. Fingers crossed the club come out with a official statement to confirm what the situation will be next year as it could effect the team in the league positioning come the end of the year. With all the games that u are played fingers crossed a new grownsman is employed.

09/5/2017 6:57 pm  #5

If I remember the thread correctly our knickers could be untwisted when it was revealed it was only an application for an artificial pitch that had been put in.
That application was well in advance of any funding being in place through further grants etc.
When it is?????

And the reason so many games were played on the main (grass) pitch was that, although the newest artificial pitch at the back is of a very high standard, the league rules state that teams playing above a certain level have to have changing rooms within a certain distance of the pitch.
The fire at our Farm Road ground robbed us of that option. And creating additional changing facilities by the exisiting 3G pitch will also require further funding/grants.

Setting up the additional youth and women's sides, that seem to have had considerable success this year, was in advance of those arrangements being in place.

Pretty sure Bryan has not completely relaid the pitch for some years.
He scarified out about 40% of the old grass (yes, I'm guessing that figure) and then re seeded, fertilised etc.
It takes much quicker that way.

If you have any queries related to the footie side direct them to Tim Marcus who is the horses mouth on such matter and will, if he can, always give you a straight answer.
And I would ask him to correct me if I have got any of the above completely wrong - making me the other end of the horse!

Last edited by Bondy (09/5/2017 6:58 pm)

10/5/2017 9:46 am  #6

Bondy / All - Has Brian left the club? Fact or rumour? Very curious, great bloke and very hard working. 

If he has - why?

10/5/2017 9:50 am  #7

He has definitely left.  I think its as simple as he found another job that suited him more.  As far as I can see, he left on good terms.

10/5/2017 10:16 am  #8

endofthelane wrote:

He has definitely left.  I think its as simple as he found another job that suited him more.  As far as I can see, he left on good terms.

Thanks! I guess just good to know it was on his terms / good terms rather than bad ones. He has been an excellent servant. If he has moved on to bigger and better than all power to him. 

10/5/2017 2:21 pm  #9

After completing some training Bryan will be at St Helier Hospital working within Patient Transport.
Just took a new path.

10/5/2017 2:24 pm  #10

I'm not certain wheeling cadavers from Intensive Care to the mortuary at St Helier's Hospital is bigger or better. Probably less stressful though.

He told me he was leaving on good terms and would be welcomed back anytime. Most people who leave get banned for life so he must've been highly thought of.

12/5/2017 2:01 pm  #11

Has Brian left the club? Fact or rumour?

See Programme Feature - 8th April 2017 v Three Bridges FC 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera