“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/5/2017 8:31 am  #1

14/5/2017 10:00 pm  #2

Re: League structures for next season steps 1 - 4

Thank you very much indeed Mr. Marcus, appreciated 

Actually, Division One South looks really interesting, Thamesmead Town (my old local club - though I believe they've moved from Bayliss Avenue to Dartford now), Phoenix Sports and VCD moving across (again local teams from my old place), could have done with this in the division a few years ago 

Premier looking as you'd expect it really, but still interesting reading.  All good stuff.......

Last edited by Plumpton (14/5/2017 10:07 pm)

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

24/5/2017 8:22 am  #3

Re: League structures for next season steps 1 - 4

So as I see it we will have

Step 3
Southern League Premier Midlands 22 teams (a good as name as any)
Southern League Premier South 22 teams
Northern League Premier 22 teams
Isthmian Premier 22 teams 

Step 4
Southern League Central 20 teams
Southern League South West 20 teams
Northern League South 20 teams
Northern League North 20 teams
Isthmian League North 20 teams
Isthmian League South/East 20 teams
Isthmian League West/London 20 teams 

Interesting to see how they will split the regions, in step 3 I can see the Southern (Midland) division picking up these Midland clubs that travel miles north in the Northern League, teams like, Sutton Coldfield and Russall Olympic. And with St Neots Town presently in their Southern League, who’s to say they will not pick up the likes of Lowestoft or even Needham Market.

With the Step 4 leagues being reduced to 20 teams it will make the divisions much more local, thus reducing the travel. With the Isthmian League picking up the extra league, I can see a South East League with the Kent and East Sussex teams, a Northern section with the Essex, Suffolk and East London teams, and a South, West London league picking up the Surrey and Middlesex teams. Which means the Isthmian could be welcoming back teams like Ashford Town, Egham and Uxbridge, a bit like how it used to be.

What are peoples thought’s?

Last edited by Valencian branch, TMUFC S (24/5/2017 8:25 am)

Board footera