“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/5/2017 4:43 pm  #1

Mitcham Carnival

Have the club got a stall?  Got until Friday to book.  I think it costs £50 for a plot.

01/6/2017 11:34 am  #2

Re: Mitcham Carnival

Sounds like a no then.  Its a same if not as we could present the championship trophy as a centrepiece as well as showing what else the club offers.  A bit like the open day we had when we played South Park.  Don't know how many people attend the carnival, but I reckon there will be some who probably don't even know about the club.  And another chance to sell season tickets and maybe some of the sponsorship options to a market that we wouldn't normally access.

01/6/2017 1:40 pm  #3

Had one a couple of years ago and only me and Ant turned up to help hand out leaflets etc.

01/6/2017 2:04 pm  #4

But if that was a couple of years ago, the club wasn't as vibrant as it is at the moment.  We need to strike while the iron is hot.  We have loads of display type stuff as we saw at the open day.

Even if we attracted 1 new supporter, it would be worth it.  Even to just make sure people even know there's a club on their doorstep.  

It only lasts from 12 till 5 so if we could get, say, 2 pairs of volunteers to man the stall for about 3 hours each then I would pay for the pitch. And if someone could get some of the posters and things from the club for the day.  Oh yes, and the trophy!

Unfortunately its my birthday and I'm away for the weekend.

01/6/2017 3:09 pm  #5

You're right but people need to turn up and help.... and they don't.
After all the things you've done over the years, You know better than anyone that the club needs help and volunteers at these events.
I'll be there at Mitcham Fair with Ant and if the club has anything set up we will help.
There was a get together at the club Tuesday night... Around 15 people turned up to share ideas etc... But we need more ideas and input.

01/6/2017 3:45 pm  #6

Just been told the club will have a stall there...

If anyone can help in any way.... Please turn up to spread the word

01/6/2017 3:52 pm  #7

Excellent.  Yes - if anyone could just spend an hour or 2 at the stall, it would be great.  Also, I've found that if there is a stall with a cluster of people around it, then more people come over to see what everyone is looking at!

02/6/2017 3:44 pm  #8

Mmmmm, June 10th !
Sadly I'm away on another of my motor sporting commitments otherwise I'd be there to assist.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera