“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/7/2017 8:28 am  #1

Guernsey

I see that they have decided not to enter ANY cup competitions this season!  Not even the FA Cup. Presumably, any fines that they might accrue would be less than any travelling expenses that they might have spent.

10/7/2017 8:34 am  #2

Re: Guernsey

I must say I will miss the trip this year, best away day of the season and such welcoming people.
If I had a wish it would be for them to win the league so we can play them in a seasons time.
For those who are of a pessimistic nature, relegation does not exist in my vocabulary, if any thing I am reasonably optimistic of a mid to top half of the table finish.

11/7/2017 8:43 am  #3

Re: Guernsey

endofthelane wrote:

I see that they have decided not to enter ANY cup competitions this season!  Not even the FA Cup. Presumably, any fines that they might accrue would be less than any travelling expenses that they might have spent.

According to people on the Tony Kempster forum, their application to compete in the FA Cup was not accepted - my suspicion is they wanted replays to be played on the island (which they weren't last year) and this wasn't accepted by the FA. Maybe I'm wrong.

Their application for the Trophy was accepted but they then withdrew!

Board footera