“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/7/2017 10:34 am  #1

Congratulations to Dee Pee

I can confirm that "The Terror", the Tooting & Mitcham Utd matchday programme, has once again scooped an award in the 2016-17 Programme Awards.

We have finished 3rd O/A in Ryman South (to Corinthian Casuals & Hastings Utd.) and 29th = O/A (alongside Dulwich Hamlet and a couple of others) in all of the country's non-league programmes !

As ever, many many thanks for all your contributions and support during last season.

Onwards and upwards for 2017-18 !

Regards

DP

My response ;-Hello Dave,

Congratulations on gaining another  award for the match day programme. Well deserved, especially after all the hard work and valuable free time your give to its production.  Also a big well done to  Ian Bullock for his contribution as well.

The amount of content contained within the programme is a minor miracle, and a mention must be given to the printers whom I know provide an excellent service to get programmes printed,  and also try to please you with your last minute requests and cramming in the  all the content.

I hope one day funding can be raised to  make the programme even better,  with extra pages included to  make the layout and print quality the programme deserves, and will enable our excellent printers  a little more freedom and licence with their efforts as well. Apart from the obligatory adverts, there is a very real lack of advertising from local businesses which would go a long way towards helping and funding a better quality programme, and perhaps adding additional benefits as well. I hope someone steps forward one day to  make this happen.

Best Regards
Mike.

19/7/2017 1:43 pm  #2

Re: Congratulations to Dee Pee

Many thanks indeed Mike, I'd like to say how much of a pleasure it is to produce our programme although sometimes it can get to be a real pain in the rear end what with tight schedules and waiting for promised content until the very last minute. The wife also isn't too best pleased with me spending a day or two glued to the keyboard, even more so now that she's retired too and can see it all at first hand.

I can also reveal that we now have a load more advertising that is not down to League requirements (I'm still waiting for the final artworks for them) but as far as I'm aware the additional revenue is going in to the playing budget, which I for one support all the way.

Once again, thanks for all of your support and especially the occasional excellent contributions fr.om your goodself. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

19/7/2017 3:42 pm  #3

Glad you're getting the recognition Deepee top work as usual 👏

Last edited by Wolfie Smith (19/7/2017 3:42 pm)

19/7/2017 6:26 pm  #4

Well done DP and keep the good work going on into to future which is bright and Black and White

20/7/2017 11:06 am  #5

DP, congratulations to you and Ian. It's always an entertaining read. Keep up the good work.

21/7/2017 8:03 am  #6

I've been saying for years that the content in our programme is unrivalled. If we produced a quality issue like Casuals or Hastings we would win the award by a country mile, it wouldn't even be a contest. Ours is a brilliant read, witty and informative. Love it.

28/7/2017 2:14 pm  #7

Congrats DP, you deserve it after all your hard work. If at times you find it difficult to find content I can always provide some ground photos, just let me know in my inbox.

Board footera