“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/8/2017 11:56 am  #1

Jordan Wilson leaves

On his Facebook page Jordan has said he is leaving us. In my opinion he will be sadly missed.
Good luck Jordan.

03/8/2017 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Jordan Wilson leaves

What a choker, me and Joe were going to sponsor his kit this season 

Did he say why he's leaving or where he's going ? I don't go on Facebook. Good experienced little player in my book.

03/8/2017 12:54 pm  #3

I did see this on Facebook last night,but wasn't sure if was a minor upset.We are not blessed with right sides midfielders/defenders.Any news of other players coming or going.Its about now he has to sort his squad.Good luck with that.Some good players will go,as we see with Jordan.I thought little Danny played well the other night.I will be sad if he's moved on.

03/8/2017 1:05 pm  #4

I think he'll be missed.  We aren't exactly blessed with players with Premier Division experience.  I think he played in a successful Grays side that finished 6th one year.  Not only that, he is quite a versatile player who can play both defensive and attacking midfield roles.  Not to mention out wide and even full back.  When you are running with a 16/17 man squad, you need versatility.

I think he started most games last season, and I would expect much the same again this year.  Hopefully, there'll be a re-think.

03/8/2017 8:29 pm  #5

Judging by his performances last season, and  has rightly been stated on here, he is a versatile player but the one weakness in his game has to be his passing and he does have a habit of strolling back into defence when we have lost the ball in attack, you would assume that, if he has gone because the coach feels he needs to strengthen his midfield, you have to respect their opinion.
Personally I feel he will be a loss to the team, but I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

03/8/2017 10:02 pm  #6

That goal does indeed go down in T&M history 59er.
But I also agree with you Alan on his desire to chase back on occasions.

Never a full back in my opinion and perhaps not even a wing back. But as an attacking wide midfielder he had the ability to quicken the pulse with his fine close control, especially when cutting inside.

In these final weeks before the season starts players currently trialing with higher clubs than us are presumably still being released as squads are finalised.  Perhaps we have a more urgent need to strengthen elsewhere in the side and this releases funds.  I doubt Jordan will struggle to find amother club.
Certainly wish him success.

Last edited by Bondy (03/8/2017 10:03 pm)

04/8/2017 7:38 am  #7

Let's not forget Jordan hits a wicked dead ball aswell. Scored some crucial penalties last season and didn't he score a blistering direct free kick at Faversham ?

That one trick pony Beckham fashioned a stellar career out of being able to hit a good dead ball. This is absolutely true, I heard recently that Becks only ever wears a pair of boxer shorts once and then discards them. I thought if I had his money I could afford to do that too. Then I discovered he wasn't being as extravagant as I first thought, apparently he keeps each pair on for 3 weeks at a time 

04/8/2017 8:19 am  #8

Big shame to see Jordan go. A great guy, great player at our level and a popular figure across the club with the work he does with youths and gym. 

A little lack of concentration at right back I would say, but i think even he would admit right back isn't his preferred option and he did excellent to play there for us the majority of the time. If i read between the lines (and clearly i have no evidence of any of this), I would assume Juevan Spencer has risen above Jordan for the right back spot, and I also guess that Jordan is not going to be first choice in our midfield. It looks like we have also brought in the centre back Callum McNaughton who played vs Palace, so maybe we are trimming the squad and something has to give. Again, no evidence to prove any of this, but i guess Danny Bassett and Dan Clements have been also risen above Jordan (in Frank/Pauls eyes) for any right sided width we intend to play with. I've always wanted to see Jordan given a more advanced role on the right and allowed to bomb forward with pace and trickery, it's a shame that position has never materialised for him. 

It's a shame really his versatility is so strong. A big loss one way or another. Very interested to see where he goes, my gut feel is that he will probably stay at Ryman Prem level?

It looks like Marcel has left again. I think we might have to close that chapter now with Marcel? The club always seem willing to bring him back but then he disappears again - no doubt he has gone higher again!

04/8/2017 8:38 am  #9

My instinct tells me that he has been released along with Owen Davies (SCR), and although Jordan will continue to coach the under 23s & under 18s.. Surely he will be missed as a player who can play in more than one position.

Board footera