“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2017 10:36 am  #1

2016-17 SEASON BOOKS

2016-17 SEASON BOOKS will be available for sale today at the KNK Stadium.  

A paperback A5 version (similar but much weightier than our regular matchday programme) will sell for £5 whilst a signed luxury limited edition hardback version will sell for only £20. The hardback version has a lot more content with additional features and articles and will prove to be a collectors item in years to come. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Better still, why not buy both and you can't go wrong !

The books have been produced by T&MU FC Members Ltd., and all proceeds will go towards the team's playing budget.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/8/2017 9:42 am  #2

Re: 2016-17 SEASON BOOKS

The A4 Hardback Season book sold out completely yesterday !!!  
Thanks to everyone who purchased one.  
Due to the heavy demand with many people wanting a copy still there will be a re-print - more details as to availability soon.
There are still a number of A5 Paperback versions available and these will be on sale at the Enfield home game, hopefully along with the re-print A4 Hardbacks..

13/8/2017 5:02 pm  #3

DeePee i would love a hard back copy. I am getting some bits from Tim soon. Would you give one to  him for me please and I'll add the cost into my remit.
Cheers DeePee. I would be extremely grateful.

13/8/2017 5:03 pm  #4

DeePee i would love a hard back copy. I am getting some bits from Tim soon. Would you give one to  him for me please and I'll add the cost into my remit.
Cheers DeePee. I would be extremely grateful.

13/8/2017 5:04 pm  #5

Oops!

13/8/2017 7:00 pm  #6

DeePee - I have sent you a PM.

14/8/2017 11:05 am  #7

Dee Pee, a great record of a great season. I am glad that you convinced me to buy a hardback copy.
Many thanks to you for your work in compiling and producing the Season Book. Let's hope that you will
be selling one for the 2017/18 season this time next year !!

14/8/2017 4:08 pm  #8

'cor blimey Jeff - it'd have to be a bl**dy good season for me to do all that again during my "summer holidays"  

18/8/2017 10:12 am  #9

Dee Pee - after Tuesday, you'll probably have a quiet summer next year !
Great to see that you are doing a reprint of the hardback copy. You've probably noticed that the final few
lines of Bog End Tim's last contribution are missing from the hardback version.. It would be a shame to deprive readers of the reprint of these wordas of wisdom.

18/8/2017 3:48 pm  #10

Ooops, another fubar, dammit !   - I'll check with the printers but they're already rolling with them. ! 

18/8/2017 3:52 pm  #11

Just checked my master files and ALL of Tim's wise words in "The Hills are Alive" are present in both the A4 AND A5 versions - how strange.  You must have a real rouge version !

18/8/2017 8:03 pm  #12

Sounds like a future collectors item to me!

19/8/2017 9:44 am  #13

All,
I am completely confused by all of this.  
For information the last paragraph of Tim's last offering in both books reads :--
"Sadly, most of them left, looking bewildered - and none the wiser at having almost participated in the greatest event in world history."
There is no more text after this !

21/8/2017 8:49 am  #14

Dave,
​         Just like to confirm that the hard back book has NOT got the last part of  Tim's paragraph, I show you on Saturdays match.
                                       Michael Lambeth 
                                         sorry

21/8/2017 2:58 pm  #15

ok Mike, thanks for that. 
I'm at a loss to see how that could possibly happen - ho, hum.
I've checked all of the files on my pc and all of the files that the printers use too ......... and they've checked tham at their end - no problems. Very intrigued to see how this has happened.

21/8/2017 4:40 pm  #16

Dear All,
Humble Pie time : It has transpired that our superb printers have found the problem. To cut a long story short('ish) the problem has come about from a last minute change to the large two page stats spread - so basically my fault. 
Fear not though because we are investigating an insertion operation that will not require any anesthetic nor a big hit to anybodies wallet (i.e mine).
If you have a problem book (and I would imagine it's all of the first batch of 20) just return it to me at any home match and I'll arrange for the offending page to be replaced. (Subject to confirmation from the printer that this can easily achieved.)
Many abject apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I can confirm that the second editions will NOT be affected in any way.

21/8/2017 8:50 pm  #17

Nothing I like better than an insertion

Do not take it to heart buddy a minor error is not a crime it is still worth all of the twenty pounds required.

Board footera