“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/9/2017 11:33 am  #1

Omar Folkes

According to the Isthmian site we have signed him

02/9/2017 5:23 pm  #2

Re: Omar Folkes

Came on last 15 and genuinely changed the game. I was so impressed.

02/9/2017 8:33 pm  #3

Wifey called him chunky. She likes him. But seriously he looked very good.

02/9/2017 8:43 pm  #4

Speaking to Paul in the bar before the game, he and Frank are well aware of the need for players with more of a presence about them and this lad, certainly on todays performance, which although only short, gave us an idea of what he is about. He has played at a level above ours as well as this, he is 5.11" tall and with a stocky build, and hopefully he can do the job that we require up front.
I noticed that when Billy Dunn came off he appeared to be saying, with his arms, why me? to be substituted, there was no handshake from Frank and Billy went straight to the dressing room, will this be his last game, possibly, and if so thank you for all your goals last season which without them promotion would not have been possible, they were enjoyed and appreciated by us all.

02/9/2017 11:23 pm  #5

I hope you will excuse me if I correct part of your posting in case it sends things viral.

Although Bill was very clearly disappointed to be substituted and may initially have disappeared down the tunnel I can assure you that he was seated on the bench for the remainder of the match with a large pack of ice taped to his ankle.

Team game.  Lots of options on the bench with players like Sandy and Jake gagging for game time.
Danny B had to be patient and is now in the starting line up in part due to the reshuffle caused by the suspension/injury for Kevin.
Tennie now has a chance to stake a claim for the left back berth.
Pressure on places is healthy.

03/9/2017 1:14 am  #6

alanj wrote:

Speaking to Paul in the bar before the game, he and Frank are well aware of the need for players with more of a presence about them and this lad, certainly on todays performance, which although only short, gave us an idea of what he is about. He has played at a level above ours as well as this, he is 5.11" tall and with a stocky build, and hopefully he can do the job that we require up front.
I noticed that when Billy Dunn came off he appeared to be saying, with his arms, why me? to be substituted, there was no handshake from Frank and Billy went straight to the dressing room, will this be his last game, possibly, and if so thank you for all your goals last season which without them promotion would not have been possible, they were enjoyed and appreciated by us all.

Usual Nonsense re billy. Yes he left the pitch disappointed and yes he had a poor game. Yes he was rightly substituted and yes he was annoyed at being subbed off. Anything or anyone reading into it more than that is fictitious.

03/9/2017 7:32 am  #7

I appreciate the correction, sitting at the top of the stands I was unaware of his joining the bench and naturally thought he was, to say the least, disappointed.
I noticed after reading the programme at home that Omar was playing for Merstham in 2014, not knowing his age I do hope he is not a player who is on the way down with his career as he certainly looks the part.

Board footera