“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/8/2017 11:57 am  #1

This Season's 100 Club

As you may be aware Trevor Stotten has stepped down from the prestigious role as TMUFC 100 Club Promoter.

In a moment of uncharacteristic weakness I mentioned to DP that I might be prepared to take on the mantle if nobody else could be found to run this highly crooked racketeering scheme. Too late, the genie was out of the bottle and no sooner had the words slipped out of my mouth they immediately found their way into print.

So, like it or not, you’ve got me as your next Grand Master 100 Club Promoter. Trevor has unfortunately taken his balls with him, so I’ve invested in some new rather tasteful black plastic counters to excite you all with at the end of each month.

As in previous seasons, we will be asking guest pluckers (I think that’s how you spell it) to delve into the magic bag and extract the lucky numbers. Remember, you’ve got to be ‘init to winit’ – forget about the National Lottery, this is far more fun. Just £20 will buy you membership into the 'Club of Dark Arts', while £50 purchases three numbers and £90 gets you a stonking great 6 numbers.

​There will be 12 monthly draws with prizes of £30 & £15 plus a chance to win a bumper £100 Christmas Draw. I'm hoping that with the threat of letting the Tooting Youth Firm send a message to non believers we might be able to make this a 200 Club over the course of the season. If this is achieved we can double our monthly prizes and hold another £100 draw at the end of the season. More importantly this would raise £1500 towards Frank & Paul's playing budget.

If, like me, you suffer a moment of weakness, please email tmufc100@gmail.com for a membership form – you can then either email your completed form or hand it to me on Saturday or at a future home game. I'll be at the top of the stand before the game and in the bar at half time and full time. You know it makes sense - what are you waiting for (the Tooting Youth Firm!).

I will happily take cash - but my preference would be a cheque (you know the sorts that frequent the Bogend Terrace). Alternatively for those of you not worried about laundering your money you could try a bank transfer.

Once you have the form, please feel free to email it on to anyone else you might feel would be willing victims.

May the force be with us!

Yours lovingly,

The 100 Club Mug (now there's an idea - DP)

Last edited by 59robbery (10/8/2017 11:59 am)

10/8/2017 5:37 pm  #2

Re: This Season's 100 Club

As things stand 43 numbers have been sold raising £680.

Magnificent effort folks.

11/8/2017 4:48 pm  #3

p.s. Cheques to be made payable to ‘Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC 100 Club’  

12/8/2017 6:24 pm  #4

Over £1000 now paid or pledged.

Great effort everyone.

Keep it coming - still a few weeks before the first draw, so you can wait for another pay day. If any of our overseas fans would like to join - just email on tmufc100@gmail.com

Please encourage everyone to take a number.

Last edited by 59robbery (12/8/2017 6:24 pm)

13/8/2017 10:37 am  #5

Had a cheque for you after the match Graham but I assume you'd left sharpish. Will post it on.

13/8/2017 11:00 am  #6

Will be at the Merstham game if you want to pass it on then.

14/8/2017 5:05 pm  #7

If you don't get it in the post then I'll see you down there then.

18/8/2017 6:23 pm  #8

Hi, it's your Grand Master 100 Club Promoter again. Sorry!

​For anyone who has pledged money for their numbers, and is brave enough to be at Merstham tomorrow, I'll happily relieve you of your cash or cheque at the game.

​Anyone who hasn't signed up and would like to - please track me down (behind the goal with my trusty folder).

​We're approaching 100 numbers - it would be good to get closer to 200. Alongside other fund raising schemes, this really helps to boost the funds to make us as competitive as possible.

Cheers,

Graham

26/8/2017 6:42 pm  #9

As of today we are now Officially the 101 Club!

If we can make it to 120 we might be able to offer an end of season £100 prize as well as the pre Christmas bumper £100.

​Number 69 is still on offer - surely I have a taker for that one.

10/9/2017 12:18 pm  #10

All,

​The plan is to make the August and September draws at the Worthing game on 7th October. So that still gives anyone still planning to sign up a few more weeks to contact me at TMUFC100@gmail.com

​In the meantime we'll try to get a list of numbers allocated (and to whom) either in the clubhouse or in the programme.

​Many thanks to everyone as we've now raised over £1000 towards the playing budget.

Graham

Board footera