“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/9/2017 10:01 am  #1

And on the subject of drawing games in the league ...............

Just wondered in the long distinguished history of Tooting And Mitcham what has been the longest previous spell of starting a league campaign and either drawing or losing games until notching up a first league win ? Just interested!!! And not including cup games etc.

12/9/2017 5:27 am  #2

Re: And on the subject of drawing games in the league ...............

Hope to get a response by Christmas !!!!

12/9/2017 7:48 am  #3

Try on here and work it out: http://www.isthmianarchive.co.uk/index.html

12/9/2017 9:13 am  #4

Thanks for the link DaveM. Maths was never my best subject but appreciate response.

13/9/2017 1:00 pm  #5

I should be working, but I found out that we started the 98/99 season much the same as this one with 3 draws and 4 defeats in the league (including a couple of hefty thrashings!).  And like this season we did get through the first qualifying round of the FA Cup.

But then Ashley Martin channelled his Harry Kane and scored 5 goals as we reeled off 4 wins on the bounce.

We ended the season in 8th.

13/9/2017 1:14 pm  #6

Should we not be worried now. Sevens games in and no win, with Dorking, Thurrock and Brightlingsea all managing to win twice. It's only the fact Worthing are having a dodgey spell otherwise we would be bottom and rock bottom at that. Any expectations of playoff places are defiantly gone now.

13/9/2017 1:43 pm  #7

Thanks endofthelane for the stats and anyone else who can shed more information on this thread. I have not started this thread as a doom merchant and was hoping that last nights fixture might have ended the win drought in the league.

14/9/2017 3:34 pm  #8

I've asked Ian Bullock for you Mr Steptoe - if he doesn't know the answer to your question then no-one will.
Cheers

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

14/9/2017 5:19 pm  #9

Thanks DeePee. Lets hope we don't have to wait much longer for the first three points this season!!!

15/9/2017 7:38 am  #10

We're at home to Worthing on Saturday 7th October Mr Steptoe !  

Our next league game is away at Billericay 

15/9/2017 10:46 am  #11

Good reminder Bog End Ultra !!! Surely Worthing will end our nemesis this season if not before !!!!

15/9/2017 1:44 pm  #12

Not wishing to pee on your parade guys, but Worthing have just employed a new manager and we all know what that can do.   
Food for thought!

22/9/2017 4:13 pm  #13

Woudn't it be good if we got our first three pointer against Billericay tomorrow !!!! I'm quietly optimistic.

30/9/2017 10:02 am  #14

Good luck to the Terrors this afternoon. Could today be the day for a point or three !!!

01/10/2017 9:06 pm  #15

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Thanks endofthelane for the stats and anyone else who can shed more information on this thread. I have not started this thread as a doom merchant and was hoping that last nights fixture might have ended the win drought in the league.

One of the strangest seasons was 1985-86. We started with 4 straight defeats, then 2 draws, then 5 wins and a draw in the next 6. There followed a fairly typical mixed bag of results until the last 10 when we had 1 win (against Worthing!), 2 draws and 7 defeats. So 16 matches at the beginning and end of the season produced just 7 points.We finished 12th out of 22)..  

02/10/2017 6:47 am  #16

Interesting stats Wetherby Mike !!! Lets hope this thread can end when we get our first Three pointer this season....the wait goes on. I would rather have the number of points instead of the number of players red carded so far this season !!!

02/10/2017 2:56 pm  #17

In answer to the original query, I'm afraid that this is our worst ever start in terms of games without a victory.  I can only find 2 other seasons when we went 7 games without a win from the start of the season.

02/10/2017 4:29 pm  #18

Thanks for researching endofthelane. All a bit sobering but can it all change in our next game ?

03/10/2017 3:09 pm  #19

Hi Steptoe Jnr - I am remiss in that I did ask Ian Bullock about this and he did text me all the relavant info, which of course I managed to completely forget about ! DOH 

Anyway, here goes :--  (I quote)  "In season 1992-93 & 1998-99 Tooting won their first league match on the 8th game."

Hope that helps. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

04/10/2017 9:08 am  #20

Thanks DeePee. Went to last nights debacle. If the team doesn't bounce back against Worthing this thread sadly might continue for a very long agonising time I fear.

07/10/2017 10:25 am  #21

Lets hope today's the day is the turning point to get our first league win and something to build upon.Positivity and commitment a must from the players even if things don't go our way at first.

07/10/2017 4:03 pm  #22

And the wait is OVER !!! Well done lads, three points and here endeth this thread. Onwards and upwards !!!

Board footera