“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/9/2017 8:30 am  #1

Last ever game at Walton & Hersham

Slightly mixed feelings.  Never liked going there, but at the same time, the supporters seem to have been badly treated by the local council over the last decade.  And it doesn't seem as if there is to much love lost between the fans and the board.

Nevertheless, they had their final game at Stompond Lane last night and it ended up 7-0 to Walton!  And the final goal at the ground had a little bit of Tooting about it:

"A few minutes later we were treated to the goal of the game: Howard Newton crossed from the right and TJ Nkoma hit a sweet volley home with his left foot."

20/9/2017 9:04 am  #2

Re: Last ever game at Walton & Hersham

No - didn't go to Walton!  I struggled to go there even when Tooting were playing there!  Just copied the last sentence off their message board.

As for games this season - I'm having a bit of trouble getting to games at the moment and unfortunately I will also be missing the game this Saturday as well.  Probably my next game will be Hendon away.

Its a shame about this weekend because I think our lads will raise their game for this one.  Just need to keep 11 players on the pitch!

20/9/2017 9:23 am  #3

Sorry that the club have lost their home. However,the only plus point about the place was that it was closer to the station than the new ground. A bloody awful place to watch football and I for one won't miss it.

20/9/2017 9:24 am  #4

Oh, has TJ worked out what offside is yet?

Board footera