“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/9/2017 11:54 am  #1

Hamlet

Just looking back over our history with Billericay and I was reminded that we once had a player called Jeff Hamlet who made about 100 appearances during the mid 80s.

How on earth was this allowed to happen and why wasn't there uproar on the terraces?

20/9/2017 4:51 pm  #2

Re: Hamlet

I believe Jeff also played for Wimbledon. I actually played in the same team in the 90s with him

21/9/2017 7:23 am  #3

I bet he still brags about it to this day !

" I once played alongside Geoff Gatt don't you know ? Wonderful player, he could peel a grape with that left foot of his."

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (21/9/2017 7:36 am)

21/9/2017 7:59 am  #4

gary walker wrote:

Anyone remember the legend defender in the 80's Danny Goodwin?

I'm sure his last name was Godwin. I remember he would always move towards any through ball as if he was going to intercept it then dummy it at the last second and let it run through to our keeper, a one-trick pony but it worked every time. He was no Geoff Gatt but he was decent.

21/9/2017 8:15 am  #5

Yes, remember him very well indeed, good player. I think he's at the school the leader of our Youth Firm attends.So he's got his work cut out. 

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (21/9/2017 8:17 am)

21/9/2017 9:08 am  #6

Never have known Hamlet for Tooting. I know he played for the old Wimbledon at Plough Lane. Not a brilliant footballer but decent. He could not peel a grape with his left foot, unlike Daniel Day Lewis & his left foot

21/9/2017 7:09 pm  #7

Your right Bog End Ultra. My head teacher. See him sometimes wearing a Tooting coat from his playing games and I sometimes keep him in touch of the scores. He still loves the club

21/9/2017 10:55 pm  #8

The 1987 centenary booklet produced by Ian Bullock and friends shows Jeff Hamlet joined T and M from Wimbledon in January 1985 and left for Crawley in May1987; He made 78 plus 4 sub league appearances and scored 17 goals. He also scored our goal in a 3-1 FA trophy defeat at Cambridge City. He partnered the sublime Edgar Awaritife, my favourite player of the 80s even though Edgar deserted us just before the Cambridge match for the riches of Sutton. For some unknown reason Edgar changed his name to Francis and went on to become a star player in Australia.  

22/9/2017 7:51 am  #9

In the team at he same time as Hamlet was Peter Kingston(ian), we've also had Jimmy Bolton (Wanderers),  John Harlow (Town) & John Hastings (Town or United)...anyone think of anymore? 

22/9/2017 8:09 am  #10

Trevor Ford(United), Peter (Cray Valley Paper) Mills.

23/9/2017 7:57 am  #11

Matt York (City)

Board footera