“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/9/2017 7:48 am  #1

Billericay

What a fantastic football ground, a stadium worthy of the name. Everything about the place is geared up for football at a higher level, especially the prices, £11 admission, £3 programme, £4 bottle of Peroni, not much change from a fiver for a cheeseburger but I don't begrudge them a penny it's a fantastic place to watch football. 4 covered stands with magnificent acoustics (our 7 behind the goal sounded like 40) brilliant bar area with loads and loads of helpful friendly staff behind the jump, tasty food served in an instant, top, top stewarding (they all seemed friendly and informative, they can't all be from Essex, perhaps they bus them in from Suffolk or somewhere) Well staffed and efficient ticket office. Could do with more urinals would be my only criticism.

Pisser of a result though, gutted for the players who were magnificent, the management, but most of all for the fans who made the trip. Cruel, cruel game football at times. The last toe-poke of the match 

25/9/2017 10:40 am  #2

Re: Billericay

Agree. Great ground, really enjoyed it. The fans were friendlier than I expected too. 

Echo the sentiments around our team too, we were excellent. Especially Quincy and Callum for me. Absolute heroes at centre back, very brave against a huge striker as well. Crushing to lose. 

I would like us to play that back four going forward, Wedgie, Quincy, Callum and Sol. I think Sol at RB is less of a risk. I think he's a good defender on his day but can be prone to lapses in concentration or decision making. At right back he is mobile enough to play there and get up and down but we will be defensively more solid. I think Callum is growing into the role and looks like a good defender. Quincy has been consistently excellent carrying on that form from last season. Our best defender at the moment.  

25/9/2017 1:09 pm  #3

25/9/2017 1:33 pm  #4

You can say that again mate 

25/9/2017 4:00 pm  #5

Gutted I couldn't be with you all but a prior Motorsport commitment precluded the trip out.

Trouble is I'd probably have been even more gutted if I'd witnessed that 99th minute winner. 
Grrrrrrrrr - Can't any of these bl**dy refs tell the time ?? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

28/9/2017 7:59 pm  #6

Sorry Gary I can not agree with you on this one!
had you seen the antics of this cretin on the touchline Saturday I am sure you would re-think your view.
Yes the man has put a lot of money into the club, which when it all goes belly-up, will be classed as personal loans and put a heavy financial strain on the clubs resources to repay him, as we have seen all too many times before.
The ground and the whole set-up put`s us trailing in their wake, and we can no longer lord it up when clubs come to us any more, but you know what! I would not change Imperial Fields for any of it, what is the use if, like a bad dream, you suddenly wake up and it is all gone.
In the words of an old saying"be carefull what you wish for".

29/9/2017 12:38 pm  #7

I have read these exchanges with interest as a supporter for the past 4 years of a club, Harrogate Town, with a multi millionaire chairman and much in common with Billericay. Town have no significant history and were playing in the West Yorkshire league when Billericay were in  the Essex Senior league.- we do not sing "we were robbed in 59" or anything similar! Town progressed to National North in 2002 more by being in the right place at the right time of various reorganisations rather than major achievements on the pitch; of the original NN clubs only Harrogate and Gainsborough have never been promoted or relegated. The chairman is a divisive figure but his funding has produced massive improvements to the ground, enabled a club with a core support of no more than 4 or 500 to go full time and taken us to the top of NN  alongside 5 multi millionaires Salford. The possibility of seeing Harrogate thrash Sutton next  season is something to be cherished. Of course it can and probably will all go pear shaped but it wont be much difference to T and M since the glorious 70s. The fair weather supporters will fade away, the club will struggle on financially and the till I die supporters will still be there 40 years on.  

Board footera