“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2017 8:20 am  #1

Chateau Tooting

The Urban Wine Company™ was born out of an idea a few years back. Neighbours Richard and Paul were relaxing underneath a vine enjoying a glass of wine that had been flown half-way across the world. Realising they were sat in an urban garden of Eden surrounded by grape vines, they asked the impossible...
"Would it be possible to make a wine made from London grapes?"
So, in September 2009 they set about harvesting grapes grown in gardens, allotments, behind supermarkets and even at the side of railways. They teamed up with winemaking experts to produce the very first batch of 'Chateau Tooting'. Pleasantly surprised, if not a little amazed by its 'Drinkability' The Urban Wine Company™ was formed. Not only had a fantastic tasting wine been created using grapes grown in a city centre, something unique had also been born.
As news spread on the urban grapevine, local communities came together and joined in to produce wine.

The Urban Wine Company™ now has a proud tradition of making wine in the capital and would love others to get involved in what we do.

Maybe someone from the club might want to contact them and try and get a trade deal ?

http://m.urbanwineco.co.uk

Last edited by gary walker (06/10/2017 8:23 am)

06/10/2017 8:45 am  #2

Re: Chateau Tooting

gary walker wrote:

'Chateau Tooting'. Pleasantly surprised, if not a little amazed by its 'Drinkability'

Not the most glowing testimonial I've ever heard but being partial to the odd bottle of Plonk I'll happily give it a try  Cheers

06/10/2017 9:02 am  #3

I can't see how much it costs, but in the past I have made an effort to try English wines but I have always found them overly expensive in relation to the quality.  I don't mind drinking lower quality wines  (I don't always drink Chateau de Chassilier) but when I do, I don't want  to be paying higher prices.

06/10/2017 10:52 am  #4

It is £12.99 retail Roger. But I was thinking the makers of the wine and club might get together and do some joint advertising. Maybe get a deal done and sell it in the bar by the glass. I don't know how many bottles they make which may be a issue.

Last edited by gary walker (06/10/2017 10:55 am)

06/10/2017 11:07 am  #5

That's pretty steep (for me!) I haven't tasted this one but like I say, I've never been especially impressed by any other English wines.  It looks like a rosé wine so it would need to be top quality for that price.  Maybe it is.

06/10/2017 11:08 am  #6

I don't know mate I don't drink a lot of wine, I love a pint of the black stuff.
London News did a article on it the other night which made me think about it.

Last edited by gary walker (06/10/2017 11:09 am)

06/10/2017 11:47 am  #7

I belong to a wine club and £12-99 would buy a top quality wine, I understand why English wines are so dear but why pay Rolls Royce prices when you can buy an equivalent for half the cost that you will enjoy and save money.

Board footera