“The Official Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2017 8:32 am  #1

Frank Wilson speaks to the Media.

Tooting and Mitcham boss Frank Wilson is promising changes for tomorrow’s crunch trip to Worthing – which could have a huge say on the Bostik League Premier Division relegation fight.

The Terrors were battered 7-0 at Staines on Tuesday night and are only kept off the foot of the table by their opposition this weekend.

“It is a massive game for us,” said Wilson. “Disregarding last night’s performance and result – we knew Saturday was going to be an important one. It has been in our sights for a few weeks, given where we both are in the league.

“We’ve got to appraise ourselves honestly and where we are at the moment is not good enough. The players have got to shoulder a hell of a lot of the responsibility. Now as coaching staff we have got to make big decisions on players who we have kept a lot of faith in.

“Now it is time to look at taking a slightly fresher approach this weekend. We’ll bring one or two in who are chomping at the bit. That might be the ingredient we need to put in a better performance and better attitude.

“The first goal on Tuesday took the wind out of our sails a little bit but we went in 1-0 down at half-time but were still competitive. It was a test of character how we started the second-half – there was a fragility there. But at 2-0 we gave up.

“Whether that is because they feel they have been in this situation too many times this season I don’t know – but some others hid away from the fact they needed to pull their finger out and make a positive change.

“Some of the boys are not responding the way we need them to and should be taking a long, hard look at themselves.

“We need to approach the Worthing game extremely positively. I’m not down in the dumps or depressed. I’m positive and confident in terms of what we able to do and need to do. We have still got 30-odd games between now and the end of the season.”

06/10/2017 9:21 am  #2

Re: Frank Wilson speaks to the Media.

Straight talking, forthright and honest......I like it. It'll be fascinating to see who he starts with and perhaps even more fascinating to see who gets left out !!!

06/10/2017 10:47 am  #3

I hope he plays Spencer on the wing and Mike and Omar as a powerful pairing.

06/10/2017 2:11 pm  #4

All credit goes to both Frank and Paul, they have let the players who took us up have their chance in a higher division and now it is time to decide who has earned the right to wear the "striped shirt" and who has not.
Any player that is left out has to now decide whether he wants to fight to earn his place back or possibly looking at the division below for another club. Should be no complaints. 
Looking forward even more to tomorrow now.
Wonder if the squad will be announced on the official site tonight?

Last edited by alanj (06/10/2017 2:11 pm)

06/10/2017 2:49 pm  #5

I would read into Frank's wording that we haven't necessarily brought new players to the club, but his reference of "we'll bring one or two more in" that a few of the bench players will start and vice versa, rather than new recruits to the club.  

After all we have the young new recruit Nathan who is on the bench. And maybe young Dom M-G may get a start. Who knows, but i didn't necessarily read it as new signings, i could be wrong though

Let me know if you interpreted it differently!

06/10/2017 3:19 pm  #6

Like you dac123, I think he means players already on the books, still, interesting though.

06/10/2017 4:15 pm  #7

My money is on the players who are not regulars being replaced by others who are not regulars, when it's really some of the regulars need to be replaced. Or does this mean Billy Dunn, Sol P-B etc. (including Chase) will be on the bench tomorrow???

Last edited by DaveM (06/10/2017 4:16 pm)

Board footera