“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2017 11:46 am  #1

Brightlingsea Away

I don't want to wish my life away but I  can't wait for Saturday. For those of you that aren't aware, there is a players/supporters coach leaving the KNK about 10.15-10.30 cost £20. Although Brightlingsea is only a very small town, there are plenty of boozers, some of them are recommended by CAMRA but don't let that put you off, I'm sure most of them sell lager. I had a look on Google and it looks like a poxy little ground but it's another new one to chalk off for most of us. Let's see if we can extend our  sequence of one win on the bounce.

" COME ON TOOTING "

10/10/2017 8:46 pm  #2

Re: Brightlingsea Away

They played "K`s" at home this evening and won 2 - 0 so let us not get too carried away after Saturday as they appear to have adjusted to this level of football slightly better than ourselves.
It is imperative that we all take a good pair of lung`s with us, so may I suggest a smoking ban until after the game has finished.

11/10/2017 8:11 am  #3

I'm a bit shocked at the resignation.  This manager has taken Brightlingsea from local football to the top half of the Isthmian League in 8 years including at least 4 promotions.  And he's decided to drop down a division to take over Aveley.

How could he leave Brightlingsea - surely its unfinished business there!  And Aveley - well, apparently they have quite a smart new set up - so I suppose he sees them as having more potential in the long run.  But I still struggle to see how he could leave Brightlingsea at the present moment.

11/10/2017 8:12 am  #4

You do not think he was afraid of the black and white hordes who will descend upon his sleepy little village Saturday and he felt it best to leave whilst he could.

11/10/2017 8:09 pm  #5

Looking forward to Sataday.... Another Bogend Away day on the coach.....Who else is going?

11/10/2017 9:38 pm  #6

Are you bringing the rest of your firm Anthony?

12/10/2017 8:41 am  #7

Speaking to both Paul and Frank on Saturday and both stated they fully appreciate the attitude and support shown by the majority of the fans, and long may that continue.

Board footera