“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/10/2017 5:05 pm  #1

Brightlingsea 0 Tooting 3

Best performance of the season (obviously). We were on the front foot from the off and we never let the intensity drop. We played with a good tempo and made quick decisions all over the park. And we won most of the 50-50s. And Mike Dixon murdered their number 5. Add the fact that we took our chances meant that it ended up being a comfortable victory. The defence were top drawer as well and protected Pierson throughout. I don't think he had a real save to make.

Thanks to the team for making the long trip very enjoyable!

14/10/2017 10:26 pm  #2

Re: Brightlingsea 0 Tooting 3

Sadly I (also) missed this game as Mrs Bondy grabbed our passports and dragged us ‘op North’ for the weekend.
Raced back from a long (long) coastal walk to catch the fine result.
Could not be more pleased for the squad and management.

I posted on here a short while ago that Mike scored his first goal last season on the 1st Nov.
So he is actually ahead of schedule and we can hopefully expect sparks to fly from this dancing feet.

I note the different defensive formation with Quincy (and Eddie) restored.
Look forward to some more postings from the faithful on that - and going forward.

14/10/2017 10:42 pm  #3

I think it is safe to say that today, everyman was a man of the match, no weak links, just a hard earned team effort for what was a most unexpected three points.
Going to the game I would suggest that every supporter would have settled for a point and coming away with three was the cherry on the cake.
From back to front the players barely put a foot wrong and with Mike and Omar frequently switching sides their defenders could not cope with them especially their number five who looked as if he wished he had gone on Tuesday with their manager.
Just wish to add my thanks to the members and supporters of Brightlingsea Regent, what a friendly bunch
they signified everything that is good about non league football.

15/10/2017 9:34 am  #4

Spot on Alan.

15/10/2017 9:52 am  #5

Committed, disciplined, solid - perfect job from 1-11.
Well done everyone.

15/10/2017 11:59 am  #6

Paul went,I didn't.I was surprised with the result I must admit.Paul said the same as you Alanin that you couldn't name man of the match,they were all great.Its great that Dom is showing his talents in the first team,and long may it last.Better get him on a contract though.

15/10/2017 7:26 pm  #7

What a superb day out, a very relaxing journey up by train and bus. A visit to probably one of the best pubs an away day tripper could ever hope for, very warm and welcoming locals and superb hospitality by the Brightlingsea officials and to cap it all the boys were stunningly superb in scoring three great goals and taking three great points. Can't wait for another trip up theere next season (please not on a Tuesday night though).
If you didn'y go you missed an absolute belter.     

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

16/10/2017 7:35 am  #8

alanj wrote:

Just wish to add my thanks to the members and supporters of Brightlingsea Regent, what a friendly bunch
they signified everything that is good about non league football.

Hear hear And their Chairman in his post match presentation speech was glowing in his praise of the welcome they received when they came to our place on the opening day. What a fantastic day out.

Dominic Morgan-Griffiths was given MOTM by the Non League paper, I wouldn't argue with that. They ALL played well though.

16/10/2017 9:04 am  #9

Wasn't at Brightlingsea but delighted to read about the result and performance. Especially the first clean
sheet of the sesaon. In the absence of a conventional right-back, this back four looks to me like the most solid
and dependable that we can put out. And with Dom M-G doing well in midfield, Eddie Dines at right-back is a good
choice.
It will be very interesting to see if Sol P-B makes an immediate return to the starting eleven at Tonbridge or has to make do with the subs.' bench !

16/10/2017 9:08 am  #10

Why was SPB suspended?  He isn't one of our red-carders this season is he?

16/10/2017 10:07 am  #11

Sol had collected yellow cards so miss one match

17/10/2017 12:16 pm  #12

I imagined we'd be unique in this division in that the teams come out to our very own tune courtesy of Lee the Mod & the super T's......but nay, much to my surprise the teams emerged to Brightlingsea's own 'Anthem' on Saturday, an upbeat little ditty something along the lines of ' The tide comes in and the tide goes out ' and ' Up the arse ' or it could've been ' Up the R's '. Not as good as 'Tooting belongs to me' naturally, but a commendable effort nonetheless.

Board footera