“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2017 8:38 pm  #1

Message from Frank on official TMUFC

What a great gesture and I am sure, one which is appreciated by all supporters.
Through thick and thin this is what real supporters do, enjoy the good times but get behind the team even more during the indifferent!
Looking forward to Saturday and let us hope for another entertaining game first of all, and secondly three further points would be nice. 
Frank, the work of all the management team and the players is sometimes taken for granted by us supporters but we do understand that when things were not going to plan that it hurt you all as much as us, so let us all enjoy the last couple of results and as supporters do our bit off the field this coming Saturday, and all the following games.

17/10/2017 9:17 am  #2

Re: Message from Frank on official TMUFC

Frank put a lot of credit in the bank last year, so that has helped this season!  Also, I think that most fans had quite modest expectations for this season so I didn't really expect us to be in the playoff race.  (Didn't expect to be 2nd bottom either).  And I think most supporters were happy to see all of last season's champions get a decent chance in the Premier - and I think Frank has done that.  But they just haven't quite done the job - so now its time for Frank to start making changes.  I don't think any player can say that they haven't had a fair go.

But we have to be patient regarding the pace of change.  I'm sure the management are always on the lookout for new players - but they have to be better than the ones we already have, must be able to fit into the playing system and must have the right attitude.  And fall within the budget.  Not easy to get players to meet all the criteria.

18/10/2017 8:06 am  #3

Another interview on the Isthmian Website

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/frank-talking-41072

18/10/2017 3:04 pm  #4

I do think our recent proposition of starting 2 strikers in Omar and Mike at the same time is very good. Even if we have defensive deficiencies, those two are so powerful and such a handful that we are going to be giving opponents as much trouble as they give us.

Board footera