“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/10/2017 7:49 am  #1

Tonbridge Away

Looking forward to this one ! Another new ground for me, I've managed to miss our previous trips.

My mate offered me a ticket for Chelsea v Watford on Saturday but I turned it down because I prefer the prospect of watching Tooting getting something from the game. Don't let me down lads.

Get behind the team on Saturday, we know how Frank and Paul appreciate our support. I don't want to hear any excuses like "Fulham are at home" or "My wife wants me to take her to the seaside". BE THERE.

19/10/2017 8:10 am  #2

Re: Tonbridge Away

Tonbridge was one of the best away days that we had under Richard Cadette.  I remember that we were both in contention for a play off spot and there was a call on the message board for all supporters to get behind the goal for this one to try to generate a bit of extra atmosphere.  And it worked.  Lots of the "side watchers" and the "sitters" took their place behind the goal with the great unwashed.  And we stormed into a 3-0 lead with Kinch, Pinnock and Twin scoring.  I think Kinchy got sent off and Tonbridge pulled it back to 3-2 but we held on.

We both made the playoffs but Tonbridge exacted their revenge with a 2-0 win and went on to get promoted.

19/10/2017 11:15 am  #3

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Looking forward to this one ! Another new ground for me, I've managed to miss our previous trips.

My mate offered me a ticket for Chelsea v Watford on Saturday but I turned it down because I prefer the prospect of watching Tooting getting something from the game. Don't let me down lads.

Get behind the team on Saturday, we know how Frank and Paul appreciate our support. I don't want to hear any excuses like "Fulham are at home" or "My wife wants me to take her to the seaside". BE THERE.

Fulham are away 😎 We'll be there!

19/10/2017 12:43 pm  #4

STONE ME !!!! What a goal, that was like one of mine ! 

20/10/2017 12:48 am  #5

Sorry Boggie but my high volume vocal support from the sidelines will again be missing this week.
My lame excuse?  Mummy Bondy’s 90th birthday celebrations with a 3 line whip on timely attendance.
Had it been a home game she could have trotted out as a zebra clad mascot.

I was at that 2011 game. What a cracker.  And what a keeper Jamie Butler was for us.
However must admit I am struggling to remember too much about Terry Dixon.
Good luck lads.

20/10/2017 7:35 am  #6

Only 90, really ? She could only have been about 12 when she had you !!

Wish her 'Happy Birthday' for me 

20/10/2017 9:19 am  #7

I remember Terry Dixon joining us towards the end of the season.  He was an Irish youth player and was apparently in the sights of a few league clubs.  But I felt he was one of those strikers, in the mould of Marcel Barrington, who looks pretty good on the ball, but never seems to be in the penalty area when you need him.

20/10/2017 12:02 pm  #8

One of my customers is Paul Tappin who used to play as a Hooker for Rosslyn Park, he went on to play alongside Will Carling et al for Harlequins.

I've got this thing about Hookers 

20/10/2017 12:22 pm  #9

What's the hostelry of choice? Royal Oak?

20/10/2017 2:23 pm  #10

The first Google review of The Royal Oak says the barmaid has got a face like a slapped arse.....sounds good to me, I've got a thing about slapping arses too 

I'm giving all my secrets away today !

20/10/2017 2:31 pm  #11

By the looks they have the football on and is on way to ground always a bonus royal oaks here we come  coys....

20/10/2017 3:17 pm  #12

The Humphrey Bean (Wetherspoon) 94 High Street
Tonbridge
Kent
TN9 1AP

Board footera