“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2017 5:52 pm  #1

T&M 5 Harrow Borough 2

First game of the season for me. Tremendous entertainment. Really impressive how Frank and Paul did not panic into making substitutions when Harrow pulled it back to 3-2. A real team effort, though Matte Pierson stood out for me with some spectacular saves. Well done everyone.

04/11/2017 8:21 pm  #2

Re: T&M 5 Harrow Borough 2

Really enjoyed the game. Even though I would say that Harrow had more of the ball and more of the play, I thought that when we did attack we did so with pace and showed great incisiveness. And we showed good commitment to get people into the box even though we were defending for long periods.

In this league we aren't going to see lots of the ball, so we need to make the most of it when we do have it. And that's what we did today with a few sharp attacks and a couple of excellent finishes.

And of course we had to show a bit of character in the 2nd half as Harrow battled back into the game. Rowe was excellent again - I feel he has added a bit of physicality to his game this season and refuses to get outmuscled.

A bit of luck went our way when their guy got sent off at a critical time.  If I was their manager I would be fuming at him. He got his 1st yellow for a revenge foul on Dines after a perceived injustice a minute or 2 earlier. Then to get a 2nd yellow for a stupid shirt pull deep in our half was brainless. So thanks!

And we did well to punish the 10 men with 2 late goals.

So a good performance but also plenty to work on.

Last edited by endofthelane (04/11/2017 8:23 pm)

05/11/2017 11:28 am  #3

Agree with most that you say Gary except the part about "the best performance" for me, and I would think most of the supporters who were there, Billericay away when we played for 98 minutes only to be robbed at the death, we deserved more, or from what I have heard, the second game when we held a one nil lead up to eighty minutes only to fail at the death.

05/11/2017 11:47 am  #4

Great result and hope to get to a few more home games soon .Well done !!!

05/11/2017 11:47 am  #5

A truly uplifting performance on the afternoon, especially my and Gary's rendition of the Bay City Rollers' "Bye Bye Baby" on each of the Harrow sendings off.

05/11/2017 11:59 am  #6

Fantastic game of football.Wish I had been a neutral,then I wouldn’t have had to worry when Harrow pulled back to 3-2.I think Frank and Paul will be happy with the 3 points,but maybe not with our defensive side of the game.I do hope Dom keeps his place when everyone is fit.I think he is a breath of fresh air,and well worth his place in team.
Clive

05/11/2017 5:20 pm  #7

Let's hope you turn up for the Burgess Hill game, 'Steptoeridesagain', haven't actually seen you for a while. You missed a great game.

05/11/2017 7:37 pm  #8

After coming away from you the stadium I was purring after that 5 goal Romp. We were comfortable until the 2nd Harrow goal then it was edgy until basset fine double .
Were we go from here is onwards and upwards and next up Burgess Hill who I feel we owe 1 good performance after our 2nd half collapse there weeks ago .

We have nothing to fear and with our new renewed confidence the upper heights of the table is well in our sights . Morgan-Griffiths slowing becoming the Kante of non league football covering every inch of the pitch , 2 physical forwards in Dixon & Foulkes scoring goals bodes well , but maybe the marked importance is Pearson in goal improving with every game and returning back with 2 inches height wise with his saves and commanding his area . I can’t leave without singling out Quincy Rowe a warrior talisman who has stood tall and led from the front with his tenacity .

At times we played like the Harlem Globetrotters yesterday it needs a consistent run to reach the target of safety and points ..

United United United

06/11/2017 10:37 am  #9

I agree with previous post that Jeaven does much better on the right. Only reason I can think of for swapping wide men over was that defencively Dan provides greater support to his fullback. In this game I think it was a shame to swap as both Jeaven and Dan were giving their defenders a hard time and in fact linked well to open the scoring.
Fantastic entertainment for which both sides deserve credit. For once we were the beneficiaries of bad discipline which enabled us to put the game to bed with a flourish. Great team goals scored - real quality. Lost our way during second half as I thought we reverted to aimless long balls down the middle whereas in the first half we broke rapidly with a lot more accuracy. During that second half period Mike and Omar were getting little joy partly due to a lack of decent service and we were not getting the ball wide to our two wide men who had been so dangerous in the first half. In view of this I think that we should have replaced Omar earlier and tried to get more control into our game. As it worked out Danny B came on with fresh legs and punished the reduced Harrow team with a great cameo to see the game won.
Vital 3 points - more of the same tomorrow please!

Board footera