“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/5/2013 9:15 am  #1

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN

Can anyone please explain how a Football Club owning it’s own ground, was guided to  a white elephant known as Imperial Fields and lost everything including it’s soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01/6/2013 8:06 am  #2

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN

Its scandalous how we,ve got into this position. Yes, we had to move from Sandy Lane, yes we owed loads of money to the brewery etc, but it it was nowhere near the value of the Sandy Lane site, so in theory we could have cleared the money owed and gone somewhere else and still retained control of our club. Unfortunately when a football club gets itself into trouble, theres not a lot of people willing to get you out of it, so when one comes along, you are under pressure to go along with their demands.
I,m sure the Sandy Lane board had the best intentions for the club but they were amateurs under pressure dealing with ruthless proffessionals, there was only going to be one winner. So we are left with Steve Adkins,who has out manuveured the club at every turn, and will eventually get his wish, to see the back of Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC.

01/6/2013 4:37 pm  #3

It's all a secret Bolty, the Members Club will never tell you anything !

I've volunteered to do a fairly important job for the club next season, (agreed to do it whilst thinking it was going to become a true fans' club) but if Mr Adkins is still in charge and milking us, the fans, for every penny he can get, then I'm not interested in helping him for nothing !!

Think I'll either ditch the idea or send him an invoice (a BIG invoice ) every week for my services !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/6/2013 9:10 pm  #4

Hi! DeePee, but do you really think you will fit into the "Terror`s" suit.

01/6/2013 9:35 pm  #5

Ha Ha Ha

03/6/2013 10:29 am  #6

arf arf !! I like it ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera