“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/11/2017 10:07 pm  #1

Terrors 1-3 Margate

Where do I start? Fucking had enough of this Rubbish. No matter how we did last year we simply havnt got the players good enough to stay in this league. Only Dom was good today. Quincy had a knightmare. I'm not a fan of Sam Flagg.  Danny Basset kept going out of position which forced us to be too isolated on that side where he should've been. It's a joke

21/11/2017 10:44 pm  #2

Re: Terrors 1-3 Margate

He gets his foul mouth, anger and swearing from his Mum BTW...... Not me......

Should have had at least one penalty... But still not sure if it would have made a difference. Thought Margate defended well and were well worth their win.

Winter is coming......

21/11/2017 11:26 pm  #3

Like you Anthony I was very disappointed, not just with the result but also the way we played, what has happened to the football we used to play last season, but take heart Anthony as your dad will tell you, this is real football and as such you never know from one game to the next what you will see, last season was a one off and you will probably have to wait many years to witness it`s like again, so do not get too downhearted, enjoy the peaks because the trough`s will be just around the corner.
Don`t forget, "THIS  CLUB  NEED`s  YOU" and your firm  .

22/11/2017 5:45 am  #4

Have not been able to attend lately and had some high hopes of seeing some quality from the Terrors yesterday evening. Have to agree with most of the previous comments and even the programme seller was embarrassed at selling me the limited remaining  ones at £3.00 ago . Still I did get one of the last remaining  progs so could be a collectors item to remember the game, then again maybe not !!!

22/11/2017 6:40 am  #5

George Graham built his Arsenal sides from the back on the fact that if you are secure at the back and you do not let a goal in it makes the rest of the team's jobs much easier.  We have now let in 48 goals; or 2.53 goals a game and scored just 26, and with our strike force we are very unlikely to score the three goals needed to win on a regular basis.  This time last season it was 25 let in and 50 scored: almost a total reversal. It is obvious to me that the defence can't defend and the forwards do not impact opposition defences at this level (and cannot head the ball). 

Our marking in defence has been non-existent with goal after goal being scored by unmarked opposition players with time on their hands leaving Matt with little protection.  Our forwards are time and time again bullied by opposition defenders which might be ok if they weren't a pair of big lumps who should be able to take care of themselves.   

Dom and Chase work their socks off in midfield but their distribution is not crisp enough (compared other teams) and they could show a little more scope.  Kevin does not look 100% yet which does not help.

I have said it already:  a Division One South side will not survive for very long in the Premier Division without an influx of  Premier Division quality players.  As much as I like the squad; they are just not a Premier League standard team and that is not their fault.  Not knowing the inner workings of the club makes it futile for me to make any suggestions for changes in the team.

We are however 17th out of 24 in the Current Form table, so if the other teams also carry on as they are we should be safe.  12th place down in the league is very tight so if we manage to beat the teams in the bottom 12...

Last edited by evthedog (22/11/2017 10:17 am)

22/11/2017 8:19 am  #6

A piss poor performance!Our defending was rubbish.Margate have won 6 away from home but have only scored 24 goals,think I'm correct in saying?You could see why they defended as a team,well organised.Should have been 0-0 at half time.we just gifted the first  two goals.Have agree with everything said.start with a strong defence then work forward.And agree with you Gary,Dom is better in central midfield,but then do we change our shape?It's just that Chace and Maclaren are two of our better players.Its hard because quite clearly we are not good enough.Sad to say.☹️

22/11/2017 10:28 am  #7

Maybe I should have come to the game last night!  I've been unable to see many games this season, but out of the 9 games I have seen I've seen 5 wins and 3 draws.  Out of the 15 I've missed, I've missed 1 win and 2 draws and 12 defeats.

I can only surmise that it is the tactical advice that I impart from behind the goal that has been the difference between winning and losing this season.

22/11/2017 12:28 pm  #8

No not the end of the world,but very frustrating.And agree no point in just throwing players in for the sake of it.Its bad marking and poor decision making.I don't don't if this will change in the rest of the season.I still think we can pick up enough points to avoid relegation.Its very tight down the bottom half.I felt sure we would beat Burgess hill,but we were well beat.

22/11/2017 12:57 pm  #9

I can't see how we can ignore the talents of Tenny Adebowale.  Unfortunately it seems that if Wedgeworth plays, Tenny doesn't  Surely we can fit him in midfield or on the left hand side.  I know he gets the occasional game for the under 23's but I don't know how Frank can ignore him.

22/11/2017 1:18 pm  #10

Edgeoftheb ox wrote:

I can't see how we can ignore the talents of Tenny Adebowale.  Unfortunately it seems that if Wedgeworth plays, Tenny doesn't  Surely we can fit him in midfield or on the left hand side.  I know he gets the occasional game for the under 23's but I don't know how Frank can ignore him.

Agree, how does Sol PB seem to get a game when Tenny is left out? I know he's  not a right back but nor is Sol, who in my view is out of his depth in this division.

Last night was never going to easy against a good Margate side who have only conceded 12 goal this season in the league, it was made even harder by poor defending (again).

26/11/2017 5:24 pm  #11

"....I am going on a winter break from all Tooting.."

While you're away doing that down at Slutton Gary the rest of us true fans will carry on supporting OUR club at home and away ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/11/2017 9:16 pm  #12

Rats! you have seen through his dastardly  plan  DeePee.
Seems as if some habits are hard to kick.

Board footera