“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/12/2017 9:36 pm  #1

A hello and a point of view

Firstly,hello to you all. I'm very much a part time attendee to (mostly) home games only for the last few seasons. Indeed,my only two matches this season so far have been the home games against Staines and Worthing,(yes,I too returned after the Staines game). So please forgive my intrusion into what often seems to me to be a very negative and fickle forum. As an outsider,one thing I wish to point out is that many people may view this forum (as I do),and I for one am finding it very uncomfortable to view at the moment. It has actually stopped me from attending a couple of games recently because of the negative opinion that is being put across by some. I totally understand that the loyal and regular watchers may have more frustration than myself but please don't forget that your posts can be seen by the not so regular or potential first time people. I could probably say more but I'll leave it there and am happy to have a discussion if anybody wants.

04/12/2017 9:45 pm  #2

Re: A hello and a point of view

Hi! downthetramline, welcome aboard, sorry you are uncomfortable with some of the postings they are not meant to offend or make people uncomfortable but you know what us supporters are like, passionate about our club and perhaps sometimes we show too much passion.
Please do not let it affect your attending a game, as you can see from our crowds, we need all the help we can get.

04/12/2017 10:00 pm  #3

Thank you for that Alanj. Don't get me wrong,I understand that there is passion in support,(and I actually think this is a positive at the club....if used in the right way) but this doesn't always come across on the forum. I don't wish to name anybody but I sometimes feel that some are either purposely or not putting the cat amongst the pigeons. At the end of the day,I've registered on here because I kind of have a passion for the club as well.

04/12/2017 10:09 pm  #4

I know what you mean regarding "cat amongst the pigeons" but I am afraid you will always get that type of person in any club, thankfully we do not have that many.
I don`t know if you ever get the chance to come to away games but coming up this Saturday, is away to Dorking Wanderers, a really great little ground situated just below Box Hill and the "Stepping Stones ph just a short walk from the ground does a nice pint and good food.
Perhaps I might see you there.

04/12/2017 10:24 pm  #5

Fair enough,there may not be 'many' but the less many still get seen. Funnily enough I was looking at Dorking on Saturday,(though not definite),how will I recognise you,white carnation in top pocket?

05/12/2017 8:10 am  #6

We often have domestics on here.... Wouldn't be the same if we didn't.
People care about this great club and watching us is often hard work mentally.
In an ideal world everything would be rosey and happy clappy on the Bog End... But it rarely is.

Shame......

05/12/2017 8:40 am  #7

Hi Downthetramline, why on earth would anything someone says on this forum stop you going to a game ? Give us an example please. This is a platform for people to express their views and opinions, we aren't always going to agree and we aren't always going to be positive about everything. But to not go to a game !?!? 

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (05/12/2017 8:56 am)

05/12/2017 8:57 am  #8

Arsehole 

Welcome home.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (05/12/2017 8:58 am)

05/12/2017 9:01 am  #9

You see what I mean about some fans Downthetramline, but they love each other really.
I will be the old boy sitting clutching his pint of bitter and eating a sumptuous lunch.

05/12/2017 9:04 am  #10

Am I missing something here but the OED definition of Forum is:
"a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
Agreed personal insults are not the way to go and should be prevented - but everyone has a view that may or may not be the same as the next person.
So unless we are now living in a dictatorship where opposing views can end one person in the Poo (can I say Poo on this forum?) I can't see any reason why things can't carry on pretty much as they were.
The likes for Bondy are the backbone of this clubs loyal support and cutting them off is rather silly - in my opinion!!

05/12/2017 9:05 am  #11

alanj wrote:

You see what I mean about some fans Downthetramline, but they love each other really.
I will be the old boy sitting clutching his pint of bitter and eating a sumptuous lunch.

That doesn't narrow it down much !!!!!

05/12/2017 9:20 am  #12

He'll be talking with his mouth full.....does that help ?

05/12/2017 9:23 am  #13

I bet if you arrive at 12-00 o/clock Dave, I should be instantly noticeable.

05/12/2017 9:25 am  #14

Hello Downthe... I think you have to remember that we are 2nd bottom in the league, and even the most optimistic supporters are struggling a bit!

But its at times like this you have to ask yourself why you go to football and support a particular team.  If its just to win the league every couple of years, then perhaps Tooting isn't for you.  Better off supporting Manchester City.

Supporting a team is like following a soap opera.  Sometimes the story line is crap.  But hopefully you get a certain amount of familiarity with the characters, even though you know they'll leave the show if they get a film part in Hollywood. 

It is difficult following a team that is struggling, but it makes the successful seasons all the more satisfying.  Even a tremendous effort like the win against Tonbridge is a great reward for putting up with Staines.

Obviously at Tooting there is the underlying factor of the ownership saga that has been going on for about 20 years now, but only seems to rear its head when the 1st team aren't doing well.  So at the moment people aren't happy with results and different people see different problems and different solutions.  And that is going to be reflected here on the forum.

I would consider myself to be one of the more optimistic posters on here, but when the results are going so badly, you just can't help having the odd moan up.

05/12/2017 10:35 am  #15

endofthelane wrote:

Hello Downthe...

If I was him I'd have called myself endoftheline but I suppose that does sound a bit silly.

05/12/2017 10:43 am  #16

Dave M you have a pm.

05/12/2017 4:35 pm  #17

how will I recognise you,white carnation in top pocket?

You won't miss him, he'll be the little ugly bugger  with a silver goatee beard (now watch him shave it off just to confuse you) wearing a Tooting cap munching on a bag of crisps and defending a pint so that it'll last all afternoon !   

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/12/2017 9:37 pm  #18

Here not so much  of the little!
Just out to get an elasticated one.

Board footera