“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/12/2017 5:03 pm  #1

Plod v Clapton

I see that Not Plod have banned all the Clapton fans from attending fortress Imber Court for tonight's eagerly awaited London Senior Cup tie !  Obviously a terrorist threat has been heard from the Clapton Ultras ????? 
What do the Plod think they are doing ? Banning an Essex League side's fans from this match seems a tad harsh to ensure their progress in the Cup in order to face us isn't it ?? 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/12/2017 5:08 pm  #2

Re: Plod v Clapton

If you look on the Clapton Website they seem to have real problems.

06/12/2017 5:34 pm  #3

I sort of guessed that might be the case - perhaps their fans are real hooligans then ?  
Kind of hope we get to go to the Plod then.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/12/2017 9:37 pm  #4

Clapton tend to usually bring flares with them to games... They were banned from going to Southend Manor a couple of weeks ago... Any news on the score?

06/12/2017 9:48 pm  #5

I hope you do not get any bad ideas Anthony.

06/12/2017 10:33 pm  #6

06/12/2017 10:36 pm  #7

Message from the club about the Clapton Ultras

http://claptonfc.com/dear-real-clapton-supporters/

06/12/2017 10:46 pm  #8

A video of the Clapton FC Ultras

https://youtu.be/2AfS0QUX0kA

06/12/2017 10:47 pm  #9

I agree Gary, on the face of it, it does seem   disturbing, but we do not know the full facts so passing judgement on here until after the police findings are issued is somewhat premature.
Just been reading the Ultra`s forum and rather than seeming like thugs they appear to just be a group of fans who are upset about the owner ( nothing new there then) who have got together to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the situation they find themselves in.
Assuming no breaches of the peace take place, good luck to them, but I think they will find that money speaks louder than words, unfortunately.

06/12/2017 10:50 pm  #10

Just watched the video Gary, don`t you wish we had that kind of passion and support at Imperial Fields, the fans were a credit to non league football.

06/12/2017 10:51 pm  #11

I have not got an opinion I just wondered if people wanted to learn about this very interesting non league club.

06/12/2017 10:53 pm  #12

alanj wrote:

Just watched the video Gary, don`t you wish we had that kind of passion and support at Imperial Fields, the fans were a credit to non league football.

I better keep my opinions to myself pal I always seem to offend some one. Good video though I thought. Interesting.

06/12/2017 10:55 pm  #13

Nothing wrong with having an opinion regarding an issue of concern, it would be unusual if an individual did not.

Would it not be a very boring world if everybody kept going around saying " yes i agree too" nothing as good as an interesting debate to broaden the mind.

Last edited by alanj (06/12/2017 10:57 pm)

06/12/2017 10:57 pm  #14

Congrats to Deepee for finding this storey

07/12/2017 6:24 am  #15

Bogend Ant wrote:

Clapton tend to usually bring flares with them to games... They were banned from going to Southend Manor a couple of weeks ago... Any news on the score?

Flares are indeed dangerous Ant.  You are too young but I remember them from the 70s.  Everybody wore them: when they got wet they weighed a tonn and if you got toe of your shoe caught in the end you tripped over.

They are one of the worst design of trousers ever made and should be banned from the ground.
The photo shows a pair of Bog End regulars outside Sandy Lane in the 70s.  Can you identify them???

07/12/2017 9:30 am  #16

They're just an East End Dulwich Hamlet, a tad more working class but you'd expect that.

Last edited by Bog End Ultra (07/12/2017 9:30 am)

Board footera