“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/12/2017 11:16 am  #1

Dorking Postponed

Frozen pitch

09/12/2017 1:27 pm  #2

Re: Dorking Postponed

The game was called off by a local referee which looks a bit suspicious as they are at home on tuesday night to Leatherhead

09/12/2017 9:31 pm  #3

As I was already in the Stepping Stones, when I found out from a fellow supporter, I thought I would go to Leatherhead to get my fix but that was off also, so killing the conspiracy theory Geoff.

09/12/2017 9:38 pm  #4

Alan, when you consider the games that were played in the near vicinity of Dorking, ie Merstham, Chipstead whos pitches are not as good as Dorking it just makes you wonder, also in the divisionn we were in last year. The game on Tuesday is at Dorking so they could have saved the pitch for then. the pitch at Tooting was in great condition today.

09/12/2017 9:43 pm  #5

I would think they would want to play us,the form we are in?

09/12/2017 9:51 pm  #6

The odd thing was that we drove passed Dorkings ground at about 10am and again at 1 and there were games being played at the ground....

09/12/2017 10:21 pm  #7

I was as surprised as you Geoff regarding Chipstead especially, just as open an area as Dorking, but I don`t know whether you have seen Sam`s photo`s of the goalmouth at Dorking, there appears to be standing water in the centre and if that is the case, bearing in mind once the sun goes down and the temperature plummets I can understand the need to postpone.
Saying that I have just been in my garden walking on the lawn and it still is not frozen, it would certainly take a stud, and I back onto open meadows and woods.
Oh! we will just have to wait for "Furrock" on Saturday, as I am still contemplating Wingate & Finchley.

Board footera