“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/12/2017 9:59 am  #1

Thurrock

Anyone know if we are expecting a pitch inspection? I don’t live far away and it’s very frosty over the garden lawn.

16/12/2017 10:48 am  #2

Re: Thurrock

Looks like I got my own question answered...official tmufc says we probably are gonna have a pitch inspection...damn

16/12/2017 11:20 am  #3

Burgess Hill Town are having a further pitch inspection at 12-30, so we just might be lucky!

"PLEASE"

16/12/2017 11:35 am  #4

The sun is out in full force and sky relatively clear so I think we might be ok! I hope so...missing my fix and I’d imagine the lads are well up for today.

Interestingly I see Ashley has taken up the assistant manager position full time. Didn’t see that on official tmufc, or I missed it.

16/12/2017 11:41 am  #5

Roger posted a link to a paper quoting Frank.

16/12/2017 12:05 pm  #6

Talk about confused, official TMUFC are now stating, no pitch inspection planned.
GAME ON!

16/12/2017 12:06 pm  #7

According to Official TMFC no pitch inspection planne£ and game is on.
Hooray!!!!   Footie again.

And we have a new player.  A winger!!!   
(Steady Bondy.   Keep your powder dry.  Still 3 hours to go)

Come on you Stripes

16/12/2017 12:29 pm  #8

Just to pour a bit of cold water on the excitement but it's worth remembering that the game is not "definitely on" until the match referee has inspected the pitch!

16/12/2017 5:32 pm  #9

Well that came out of nowhere. Omar and Dixon were amazing... Clements was a different class and so was Chase. Jones was great and Matty was also great. Quincy had a good game..

16/12/2017 6:23 pm  #10

A well.deserved win. And a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Many thanks to everyone at the club for making my guests and me so welcome. Superb hospitality. I can highly recommend the match sponsorship experience.

17/12/2017 9:05 am  #11

I have to say that when I went into the bar at half time, I did not see that result coming.
I was concerned that we would not score and they would break the deadlock on a breakaway as each time they did arrive in the box there always seemed to be three or four options.
But the second half saw a different Tooting, one which we are more used to seeing away from home, where we play with confidence and are more relaxed, and not showing the tension that seems to be evident at home.
When was the last time two of our forwards each scored a brace, and neither were a fluke! but as the result of good movement and passing.
Notwithstanding that the score might even have been by a wider margin had a couple of the near misses gone in.
Let us hope that at last the players believe in themselves and start to pull away from the bottom, problem is though, we have been in this position before this season but not moved on.
Well done "Terrors"

Last edited by alanj (17/12/2017 9:06 am)

19/12/2017 2:13 pm  #12

Good result better than the cricket out here here in Australia!

Board footera