“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/12/2017 9:51 pm  #26

Re: seven or ten points before Leatherhead on New Year Day 2018 !!!

Also, who knows, you may get your second wish come Monday of TEN points.

But knowing the Leatherhead pitch as we do, it will be surprising if the game is on. 

31/12/2017 7:24 am  #27

Well alanj that would be a tremendous start to 2018 but agree that the Fetcham Grove pitch doesn't like water !!! I remember some great battles against Leatherhead at Sandy lane in the 70's with some great players on both sides including Alan Ives, Chris Kelly, N Glover to name a few. At least we had the underground pitch "state of the art heating " on those frosty match days !!!!

01/1/2018 10:24 pm  #28

Well it looks as if the luck went south today, but are we really surprised, fortunately the "K`s" are in freefall so we should not have too much to worry about.
Should we?

02/1/2018 8:35 am  #29

Hi alanj, I went to Fetcham Grove yesterday !!! Wonder if the "Leatherhead Woodwork" deprived us twice of a comeback as our keeper kept us in the game in the second half. Worthing on the rise, rail fares on the rise, even the moon on the rise, but what about Tooting & Mitcham ?

02/1/2018 10:59 am  #30

When you look at how the game evolved yesterday Steptoe, the first half was decided by two lapses, again!, in defence, otherwise I felt we had an equal share of the game, after all it was not as if we were defending the Alamo. The second half, had Wedgies shot not connected with the goal frame could have spurred the team on and who knows we might have got a draw, but both teams created chances and as you rightly say "Tanners" with the closest when the ball struck Pierson in the chest/face.
But at the end of the day, being realistic, I think we would have approached this game not expecting to get much out of it, and not really surprised we did not.
One crumb of comfort was we did not get destroyed, we gave a good account of ourselves and the team could leave the pitch with their heads high.
One thing I did find strange though was, how were we made to warm up prior to kick off on a pitch behind the goal, when "Tanners" were allowed to use the main pitch and get a feel for the surface, and perhaps even decide which studs to wear, showing my age now, because "Topi" was certainly experiencing problems initially. Were they hoping the end where they were warming up would cut up, and it certainly did in the corner by the bar, and hopefully they win the toss which, I am unaware which team did, and so give them an advantage in the second half.
Just a thought!
Well on we go to Harlow Town and hopefully, if the team play as well as we know they can, a positive result might follow.
One negative from yesterday, Worthing`s result against Merstham, one positive, "K`s" seem to be in freefall.

02/1/2018 11:11 am  #31

Fair comment and observations. What would have been even more sickening would have been if I had got a parking fine due to the car park closures around the ground and the stewards unable to 100% confirm that a rogue traffic warden might be on the prowl having to park on the double yellows !!! Perhaps the linesman left the pitch during the game to check he hadn't got a parking ticket !!! or was nature calling ???

02/1/2018 11:36 am  #32

I think you could be right concerning the linesman, either that or he decided to "cash out" his bet!

I arrived at 12-20pm and like you found my usual parking area, combined with the leisure centre closed.
I drove back to the ground to speak to the elderly chap who was arranging the parking to find an alternative, it must have been my lucky day, well at least at this point, as he said I can park in the directors/players car park.
How fortunate to meet a person who is prepared to work on his own initiative and not some "jobs worth" telling me to go away and multiply.                                                                                                            From that point my day progressed downhill, first with the two goals before half time, then the bar running out of brandy, what was the world coming to

Board footera